Creative Content Producer
About the job Summary
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
Do you proven experience of using various technologies to develop creative content for social media channels?
Are you some that thrives in a busy working environment and enjoys delivering against tight deadlines?
Can you use your superb interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships with others?
If so, then this is the role for you! This is a unique opportunity to work in our team creating exciting content. You will bring stories to life through video production, using your expert skills in all things content. So please apply, we can’t wait to hear from you!
The Department for Transport (DfT) has a wide and varied agenda ranging from large infrastructure projects such as HS2 through to shaping future transport innovations such as drones and driverless cars.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic digital specialist to join our team as a Creative Content Producer for the DfT digital team - to create and develop engaging, innovative digital content for a range of audiences and stakeholders. Helping us to tell engaging stories in powerful ways on new and existing social media channels. If you have experience in developing brilliant and original content for social media then we’d like to hear from you!
Responsibilities but not limited to
• Developing innovative, high-quality visual content for different distribution channels
• Accompanying Senior officials on visits, and proactively recommend filming opportunities, which you will develop at pace, into high quality content - working independently at times and collaboratively with the wider digital team at others
• Building effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and influencers to optimise digital engagement
• Ensuring content complies with our publishing guidelines, tone of voice and best practice standards
• Drawing on knowledge of emerging trends in digital and social media and apply this knowledge to content ideas, being alert to emerging issues which might impact or benefit this work
For a more detailed description on the role, please see the attached role profile.
You will be someone with proven experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Illustrator to develop and creative content for digital channels. You are a confident user of a range of camera equipment to film and edit videos, adding B-roll subtitles and optimising the content for a range of different social media channels.
We are seeking someone who can build strong working relationships with others, using your superb interpersonal skills to influence and communicate clear messages to others.
You adapt well to changing to priorities, enjoy working to tight timelines and can deliver high quality work even when under pressure.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to flexible with regards to travel. There will be occasional travel around the UK, which may include some overnight stays. This could occur 3-4 times a month.
Please note: All members of the Digital Content Team are expected to take part in the out of hours duty rota, for which overtime is paid.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Government Communication Service - Insight - Level 2 The link to the GCS Framework can be found here
- Government Communication Service - Ideas - Level 2 The link to the GCS Framework can be found here
- Government Communication Service - Implementation - Level 2 The link to the GCS Framework can be found here
- Government Communication Service -Impact - Level 2 The link to the GCS Framework can be found here
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
Things you need to know Security
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
How to apply
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
Please tailor your CV to match that of the job description. For your Personal statement, please demonstrate the following:
• Your experience of using Adobe Creative Suite/Premiere Pro/After Effects and Illustrator to develop creative content for digital social media channels
• Your experience of using a range of camera equipment to film and edit videos, adding B-roll subtitles for a range of different social media channels and audiences
• Your experience of working in a in a fast-paced environment, working to tight timelines, you should include how you adapted swiftly to changing circumstances
The sift is due to take place on the 31st of January 2022
Interviews/assessments are likely to be held from w/c 14th of February 2022
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• an interview and a presentation
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website.
Please see attached candidate notes for further information about our recruitment process.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Matthew Edwards Email : email@example.com Recruitment team : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Visit the Civil Service Commission website Here