People Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are currently looking for a People Manager to join our small team at Willmott Dixon Interiors based in Farringdon, London. The successful candidate will be able to deliver a people-focused, high quality service that supports our people.
This role will involve hybrid working; a combination of both office-based working in London and remote working. Reporting to the Senior People Manager this role is fixed term for up to 18 months to cover maternity leave.
We are looking for an experienced generlist People Manager who:
* Has strong organisational, communication and planning skills
* Deeply cares about employee experience.
* Is creative in finding new ways to keep improving things as we grow
* Is a proactive team player with a positive attitude and high energy
* Can handle confidential matters with discretion and diplomacy
* Has knowledge of employment law
* Will share our values and behaviours
* Will support with performance management, training and development and deliver advice to managers on all employee relations and absence cases.
* Will champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of a high quality and deliver new joiners inductions.
* Is personable and has confidence in building effective relationships with stakeholders
* Has high attention to detail and ability to deliver accuracy in a timely manner
* Is CIPD qualified, or equivalent working experience.
* Can support the continued development of a People Team Trainee
* Is proficient using HR systems
Our culture is strongly values based and we are an ambitious but fun team so a sense of humour and 'can do' attitude will definitely serve you well!
We are looking for some of the following skills and experience:
* Good HR practitioner
* Good ER skills (can provide support and advice up to MD level if required)
* Good project management skills
* Good communications skills (both written and verbal)
* Well organised
* An ability to understand and address customers' needs
* Respond positively and with resilience to challenges
* Be focused on building relationships
* Have a hands on approach
* Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
* Show integrity, fairness and consistency in decision-making
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Proven generalist HR experience
* Minimum of 'A' level or equivalent level of qualification
* A sound knowledge of employment law/employee relations
* Good organisational and planning skills, including attention to detail
* Experience of managing problems and proposing solutions
* Experience of working with Human Resources systems and reporting on data
* Human Resource Management Degree
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Additional Information At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
About Us We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.