We are looking to add to the teams of passionate individuals who build and support the major web products of our Sky Sports brand across UK, Germany and Italy. You will be joining a friendly, established group of creative people, always looking to elevate and modernise the applications which millions of people rely on every day for information and entertainmentWhat you'll do:As a software developer, for, Group Digital Platforms, you'll be pivotal in building Sky Sports Web applications.
- Produce clean, well-tested and documented code; demonstrate a strong understanding and application of modern software design principles.
- Ensure all code written has appropriate and relevant test coverage
- Work with stakeholders to elicit requirements, break down work into smaller items and ensure there is enough information available to progress with development
- Release and support Sky Sports products into the live environment
- Partake in code reviews within your squad and across the department.
- Work with senior technical staff to advocate & advance modern software development processes
- Be a part of Sky's software engineering community and actively chip in to development meetings, guilds and wider Sky initiatives
- Good understanding of HTML5 and accessibility, taking SEO into consideration.
- Knowhow of the key values and principles of Agile, including purpose of ceremonies and Agile estimating and planning.
- Proven experience in writing maintainable and scalable CSS using pre-processors (Sass) and modern CSS features such as custom properties, grid and flex layout.
- A strong understanding of popular source control and common CI/CD tooling.
- Awareness of UX, UI and design principles.
- Good knowledge of performance optimisation including measurement, tooling and metrics.
- Knowhow of containerisation technologies.
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky - we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embeded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.