Resource Planning Specialist
Description of Opportunity
It's all about the right person, at the right time, as you take a customers need and manage resource to ensure the right specialist delivers the answer. You'll develop strong internal relationships, alongside an understanding of external customer needs in this apprenticeship.
You know what Microsoft do, but do you know what they can do for you? An apprenticeship at Microsoft sets you on the path to your future career at an organisation that believes in nurturing talent.
As a global organisation, Microsoft have many different customer types to provide their many services to – they call these 'Business areas'. In your role you will be located within the Cross-Industry Solutions (XIS) team. Cross Industry Solutions (XIS)/Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) helps customers transform the potential value of Microsoft cloud technologies into realized value for their businesses, employees and customers. They focus on showing what’s possible with the latest Microsoft technologies.
You will work as part of a team to...
- Manage, prioritise and distribute client requests to the relevant Microsoft specialist
- Always think one step ahead to see where business growth opportunities could be through analysis of capacity levels and usage
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and build strong relationships
- Understand how and where to prioritise your efforts for maximum business performance
- Work closely with customer facing teams to understand their needs
- Monitor timelines ensuring work is being completed as per agreed timescales
- Use a ticket-based system to assign resource requests to relevant team members
- Get a good understanding of internal teams and structure to know where best to feed your ticket request to
- Effectively manage expectations to ensure smooth running projects
- Provide reports on resource usage - allowing wider teams to see what areas are busy/where there is room for more work, as well as areas that have a lack of demand
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
Be a team player
To be successful in this role you need….
- High standards for performance and compliance
- Passion and drive to deliver great results
- To be able to effectively manage both time and work priorities
- To pay attention to detail
- Creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will study for a Level 3 Business Administration qualification over this 18 month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship. If you are successful on this programme, you may have the opportunity to go on with Microsoft to study at a higher level within your team, for example a Degree Apprenticeship.
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to wellbeing programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate at Thames Valley
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable adjustments due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, you will be given multiple opportunities to notify the GetMyFirstJob team during your application and we will be happy to discuss suitable arrangements with you directly.
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 179242)