Senior Systems Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.What you'll do:
- Development of hardware/software systems, primarily in a software development role
- Providing Technical Lead on some Projects, working closely with the Solutions Architect and Development Managers.
- Ability to work in both the front and back end, across the full stack.
- Ability to craft both front end apps and service oriented back ends. This will be done in conjunction with the Solutions Architect.
- Liaison with designers, statisticians, technical directors, studio production staff, programme makers, and a wide cross-section of the business
- Collaborate closely with Stakeholders and Support to ensure that effective and up-to-date documentation is available for all systems
- Proactively monitoring systems to ensure accurate operation
- 2.1 bachelor's degree or higher in a technical subject, or ability to demonstrate similar levels of knowledge through on-the-job experience.
- Very strong understanding of the .Net framework, HTML5, relational database systems (SQL or Oracle)
- Strong understanding of version control tools like TFS and other development tools,
- Experience of Single Page Web Apps, Web Services, Windows Services
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.Inclusion:
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.