Working within VOD Operations, this role will have responsibility for coordinating content fulfillment to external VOD platforms and Discovery’s direct to consumer platforms, whilst maintaining consistent communication between internal business partners and external clients.
This will involve tracking and submitting content for transcoding and delivery to clients, using a variety of different systems.
The ideal candidate should be technically savvy with a good understanding of file formats and file based workflows and a clear grasp of metadata and XML.
This role acts as a point of contact for external VOD partners so a high level of communication is required to ensure optimum service is provided to affiliates.
- Liaising with internal areas such as VOD Scheduling, Digital Media, Media Technology and other departments within GT&O concerning programme materials.
- Submitting assets for transcoding in the VOD workflow tool.
- Workflow exception handling.
- Communicating to clients when material has been sent.
- Ensure all materials needed for the encoding process are present.
- Manage metadata required for each platform and ensure availability to VOD workflow.
- Troubleshooting any late running deliveries of material.
- Effectively track and report on all aspects of the VOD fulfilment process and communicate status of VOD projects to management.
- Daily dealings with file formats and metadata.
- High level of communication and customer service regarding content deadlines.
- Look for possible patterns and or areas of improvement.
- Support line manager on projects.
- Candidates must have a working knowledge of television broadcasting operations and Video On Demand platform workflows.
- Knowledge of file based delivery systems (eg Signiant, Aspera)
- Excellent understanding of file formats and file based workflows
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and work under the pressure of tight deadlines with changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible, positive attitude with a commitment to ongoing, on-the-job education.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail essential