Job Title: Field Engineer Contract Type: Full-Time, permanent Salary Range: Up to £38,000 depending on experience Location: Home worker
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Motor Engineers team and look after our repairer network across the South. As a Field Based Engineer you will effectively manage and control the claims costs associated with repairs undertaken by approved and non-approved repairers through field and desk top inspections Your role is to provide engineer support to our claims teams to meet the needs of our customers and broker partners.
As a Field Engineer you will also be providing technical guidance to the claims teams in accordance with agreed service levels and on occasions, other areas within the business. The Field Engineer will support the claims staff, offer solutions and make decisions in any aspects relating to the AD/TP engineering element of a claim. This will include Salvage system total loss reports, valuations, supporting the Third Party intervention process, field inspections, remote desk top inspections, diminution claims, mechanical/electrical breakdown, vehicle fire investigation, credit hire disputes, consistency of damage reporting and security reports.
Please note: the role is home based, however does require significant travel across our South network, primarily but not limited to, Portsmouth to Guildford. The job holder will be required to travel as part of their daily duties, for which a company car is provided. There may also be a requirement for occasional overnight stays away from home.
Main Responsibilities as a Field Engineer:
- Carry out vehicle inspections either in the field or remotely via desktop to confirm viability of repair, control of repair costs, and safe repairs are carried out to the correct repair methods.
- Ensure our claims teams receive fast, accurate information regarding claimant's vehicles, in line with our operational objectives and service level agreement.
- Develop effective communication channels with customers, colleagues, brokers and service providers.
- Audit and evaluate performance of our Solutions Centre network, Scheme network repairers and Glass suppliers making recommendations regarding repair quality, repair costs and customer service.
- Provide technical assistance in support of liability decision making.
- Report on and investigate any areas of possible fraud.
- To provide technical support for the resolution of complaints, ensuring FCA requirements are met in full.
- To ensure that during the handling process; company standards, procedures and compliance are followed in line with policy cover. Legal liability, fraud identifiers, TCF, GDPR, Consumer Credit Act, ABI & FCA guidelines, and all other insurance regulatory requirements are complied with at all times.
Skills and experience you need as Field Engineer:
- A comprehensive knowledge of motor vehicles, modern repair techniques, estimating methods, technology and equipment used in the vehicle repair environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to clearly explain and impart technical information to others without the use of 'jargon'.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Above average numerical skills.
- Able to balance diplomacy with assertiveness and to negotiate at all levels.
- Self motivated, proactive and flexible.
- Used to working as part of a team but comfortable working in a field based role.
- Basic knowledge of Insurance principles & practices and of types of cover.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the IAEA.
- Minimum three years experience working in a motor vehicle estimating / motor engineering environment.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Field Engineer role:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
About #Ageas: We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.