People Support and Projects Executive (maternity cover)
The Premier League’s People team is looking for a brilliant Executive to provide maternity cover support across projects and team administration on a part-time, flexible hours basis from July 2022. The role will be for 12 months. The right candidate will have excellent organisational skills and be motivated to multi-task across multiple administrative tasks and projects. This nature of the role means that you can complete the work on a flexible basis in the week (21 hours to be completed across Monday to Friday) and the role may therefore appeal to individuals with caring responsibilities or others who need, or enjoy, flex in their working week.
Prior experience of working in a People (HR) function is not required, but you must demonstrate that you are able to liaise effectively and empathetically with colleagues, be an efficient operator and a team player and take a considered approach to your work.
The People team currently has six members, including this post, and there will be two additional recruits joining the team in Summer 2022. The team delivers a proactive and highly supportive HR function to the Premier League workforce, which currently totals approximately 250 staff. There is extensive work completed across staff engagement; business culture; diversity and inclusion; learning and development and recruitment; along with the core People service delivering payroll, benefits, and employee relations support.
This role will provide administrative support across the team, taking a lead in co-ordinating several key monthly tasks in the team. The role will also give you the chance to support on a variety of People team projects, giving the successful candidate exposure to work across the remit of the team. The role may therefore appeal to someone who has previously worked in HR, or someone who would like to give it a shot!
- Managing the new starter gifting programme, ordering all stock, and coordinating the collation and distribution of new starter gift packs and long-service awards.
- Overseeing all invoice management for the team.
- Working closely with the People team Executives across some staff benefits administration such as home working support set-up and staff discount cards.
- Leading on the administration of the Premier League’s Performance Hub, the performance management system used by all staff including the registration of staff on the system, producing monthly usage reports and being a ‘super-user’ for the system.
- Supporting the People Executives with managing the external facing People team email account, liaising with prospective and current candidate enquiries, external agencies and other speculative enquiries. The role will also support on liaising with internal staff queries to the People team, where appropriate.
- Proving support to the People team across diary coordination, room bookings and meeting invites for interview scheduling and training sessions, and other team activities, where required.
- Ad-hoc team project support, which will be varied and offer broad exposure to the team remit.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong interest in providing support to others and being a team player
- Good knowledge of MS-Office applications
- Excellent written and oral English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Pragmatic, hands-on, and proactive approach to work
About The Premier League
The Premier League is the top tier of England’s football pyramid, which produces some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. With our Clubs, we use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world.
We bring people together from all backgrounds and we are a competition for everyone, everywhere – available to watch in 880 million homes in 188 countries.
The Premier League head office is based in central London and the organisation delivers across a range of roles, including football, coach development, community, youth development, safeguarding, broadcast, commercial, communications, digital, finance, legal, marketing and policy.
Work at the Premier League varies greatly and we are committed to delivering equality, diversity and inclusion across the organisation. We look for people who excel at what they do and would be a positive fit for the organisation, regardless of their background.