Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The Service Manager is a customer and partner-facing role for all matters relating to performance. The aim of the position is to ensure that technical issues experienced by the customer are promptly resolved and accurately communicated. The successful candidate will act as a customer-facing Technical Account Manager, coordinating with both suppliers and partners as required. Additionally, in coordination with Key Account Managers, you will also manage, any customer change requests.
Please note that the aim of this role is not to wait for enquiries, but to be proactive, to detect issues and inform the customer before they identify the issue themselves, or to coordinate escalation accordingly. This requires a significant level of analysis and investigation on daily basis.
Depending on the business needs, you will act at different levels:
- When related to Reseller (including internal counterparts like Maritime using Aviation components), this role will be responsible for providing technical support to Inmarsat Operations as a touch point for the Business Unit. When required, this role will coordinate the monthly synthesis with Inmarsat partnership manager.
- When an inquiry comes from a commercial airline customer, this role will coordinate the first level of investigation. This will include following up with internal teams and providing regular updates, as well as providing service performance reports to the customer. This role will help provide advice to junior members of the team, including reviewing their communication to customers and providing advice when managing relations with suppliers & partners.
This role will be responsible for suggesting and implementing industry best practices across the team and with our partners and always striving for continuous improvement in work responsibilities. As with all members of the team, in addition to regular responsibilities, this role will be required to handle urgent requests outside of regular working hours. This will support team members and partners operating in other time zones, who observe different working schedules, and who are located in other globally dispersed locations.
As a point of contact for Airlines, you will:
- Act as a technical account manager to Inmarsat customers
- Ensure proper follow up of the technical inquiries raised by the customers, ensuring prompt follow up is provided by the team, and challenging answers to ensure their accuracy and understanding.
- Perform investigations related to the fleets for which you are responsible.
- Write technical requirements to focus on the work getting the full added value of your expertise.
- Support the transition from Program Management when new fleets or new platforms enter in commercial service.
- Deliver reporting and analysis requirements in a timely manner based upon coordination with Operations and Field Service Representatives.
- Coordinate reviews with the customers and/or with suppliers.
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities.
- Support the transition from Program Management when new fleets, new platforms, or new technologies enter in commercial service
- Follow up on internal action plans to improve Service performance and emphasize their benefits to the customer.
- Track Change Requests from your customers, reporting them internally and gathering the appropriate 360° impact assessment and costing.
- In understanding the existing issues, this position will contribute to the reporting of new occurrences and help with the investigation; this includes raising any concerns or suspicions of new issues internally.
- Be the voice of your customers and their passengers during internal meetings.
- As a coordinator between Airlines and Partners, you will:
- Contribute to building the support relationship with new partners and improve efficiencies in supporting existing partners, considering the scalability aspect under a mid- to long-term perspective.
- Coordinate investigations with external stakeholders when appropriate (terminal suppliers, ISP provider, IFE-C suppliers, etc.) and track resolution.
- Support the Partner day-to-day relation transition from Operations and/or Solutions teams when new fleets, new platforms, or new technologies enter in commercial service (during development and test phase the support relation often bypasses the normal support channel, strong involvement is mandatory to switch all stakeholders to the operational mode)
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical background with experience in at least one of the following areas: Aeronautics, Commercial aviation operations, Satellite communication
- Previous experience liaising with Value Added Resellers, Distribution Partners or OEMs
- Having a supporting mind-set with a strong willingness to help and to find solutions
- Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to build processes (simple and efficient)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines
- Quick thinking and delivery focused with a meticulous attention to detail
- Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working in a wholesale environment with channel partners
- Experience in Maritime operations
- Experience in Technical Account Management
- Experience in Supplier Management
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do