Salesforce Delivery Manager
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
As a Salesforce Delivery Manager, you will be a key member of the Salesforce IT Product team, utilising your skills and experience to lead the delivery of Salesforce capabilities across multiple initiatives. The focus of this role is delivering quality outcomes working closely with functional and technical teams to maximize business value. Salesforce is a strategic platform supporting the Lead to Cash value chain for multiple stakeholder groups.
The Salesforce Delivery Manager will support the Salesforce Product Manager in delivering the strategic product roadmap for the Salesforce application. Working independently to review and update existing processes, ensuring a robust delivery methodology is established and a continuous improvement model is implemented.
This role will be the point person for Salesforce delivering activity including leading the full lifecycle development process. This role will develop and maintain relationships with internal teams and third-party vendors. They will also maintain an awareness and understanding of the future roadmap for Salesforce ensuring Inmarsat’s investment is maximized.
- Lead the Salesforce Delivery team to deliver enhancements, projects and provide 3rd line support, whilst adhering to Inmarsat’s project and architectural standards.
- Own the planning and execution of assigned projects including requirements such as scope, delivery plan and timelines, risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Work with technical and business-oriented team members to develop project definitions and high-level solution designs to feed into project approval and realization.
- Develop and lead Project governance and reporting for assigned projects.
- Project management using a mix of internal staff and third-party suppliers to successfully deliver projects in a matrix management environment.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop detailed work package definitions, estimates and high-level schedules.
- Engage stakeholder groups to create project teams responsible for the development, testing and operational handover of business support systems.
- Create and maintain detailed level project plans.
- Lead team members and ensure they understand their roles, responsibilities and deliverables within the overall plan.
- Drive collaboration and teamwork to execute the plan and monitor progress against the plan.
- Carry out effective and proactive risk, issue & change management.
- Continuously develop own and team knowledge and skills to implement best practice business solutions appropriate to the requirements, business needs and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of fixes, enhancements, and IT projects to ensure they have appropriate resources, are coordinated (release management), remain on track, on budget and meets business expectations.
- Fosters and maintain excellent relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Day to day management of third-party suppliers and delivery of contracted work.
- Identify opportunities for automation, cost savings and service quality improvements.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive set of business relevant KPIs to measure effectiveness, business value and leads with a continuous improvement mindset within the team.
- Provide knowledge sharing across the team to support the ongoing development of cross team operational support functions.
- Contribute to the implementation of proactive security features, and upgrades using an automation-based approach to achieve secure, stable, and reliable services.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable ability to delivery and stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrable experience with Agile projects including the adoption of Agile methodologies
- A clear understanding of cloud-based CRM technologies including specific Salesforce experience
- A solid technical understanding of software implementation and development processes and practices
- Excellent communication skills that can span all levels of the business and are relevant, appropriate, and timely
- Self-confident with the ability to maintain presence and composure in high pressure environments
- Focused on achieving outcomes with high levels of initiative and drive
- An active listener who is able to provide clarity and solve the right problems, builds relationships based on trust and can work cooperatively
- It is expected that Salesforce Delivery Managers will gain industry and platform specific certifications. This may include Trailheads and Salesforce certifications
- University degree level or equivalent in Business, Computing Science, or related discipline
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills, coupled with a logical, disciplined and structured approach
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team and experience working with multinational teams
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to different audiences, effectively communicating complex technical issues.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Strong stakeholder management
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative and highly augmented (multiple partners and suppliers) environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant project delivery certifications such as Agile and/or Scrum Master certifications
- A deep knowledge of Agile frameworks and change management processes
- Knowledge of relevant tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Vendor and consulting management experience, experience of working with an outsource/offshore partner
- Understanding of change management issues and methodologies
As this is a role with global focus and responsibilities, you may be required to work outside of the normal working hours in your time zone to collaborate with stakeholders and staff globally. This role may also include travel.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer - Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do