Returners Tech Programme - UK
About The Role
FDM’s Tech Returners Programme
Have you had a career break of 12+ months ?
Do you have 5+ years of software development experience?
Are you ready to re-join the workforce full time?
If so, we’d like to hear from you!
FDM Group is a FTSE 250, multi-award-winning employer that recruits, trains and deploys talent globally. With 5000+ employees from different backgrounds and 85+ different nationalities, we work with some of the world’s most reputable brands across the globe.
Our Returners Programme is specifically designed to support professionals returning to work after a career break and we are looking for ambitious returners to work as Mid-Senior or Lead Developers with our clients.
This is an opportunity for returners to up-skill in current and emerging technologies, to refamiliarize themselves with current industry best practices and to enhance their technical knowledge on deployments with our clients.
The FDM programme is here to support you through every stage of the journey, ensuring you have the confidence, skills and opportunity to step back into a successful and rewarding career in technology.
At the start of the programme, you will receive up to 14 weeks of instructor-led and project-based training in object-oriented development within the Scrum framework. The training is carried out by our experienced FDM Academy trainers and will take place online before your first client placement.
After training you will graduate to become an FDM Consultant where you will have the opportunity to work with one of our industry-leading clients in a Mid-Senior Developer role for minimum of two years.
What we offer you:
- A fully supported journey back to work with continuous development throughout your time with FDM
- Up to 14 weeks of commercially relevant business and technical training (please note training is currently taking place online)
- Training hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday during the training period, to help accommodate personal commitments
- Opportunities to work as an FDM consultant with our global clients
- Fast-track career progression to get you back into business
Essential experience and criteria required:
- Looking to return to work after a break in your career
- Minimum one-year career break
- 5 years software engineering or development experience
- Be able to work full time
- Be able to commit to working with FDM for two years once the training period is complete
FDM Group is a FTSE 250, multi-award-winning employer that recruits, trains and deploys talent globally. We work with some of the world’s most reputable brands such as Sky, Barclays and the Home Office, to mention a few.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. FDM Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.