Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for an experienced Finance Director to join the team to ensure that the business grows with an appropriate level of financial discipline that supports speed, planning and efficiency. Initially, this could be an interim position and is likely to be at least 3 days per week. (0.6 FTE)
You must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broader financial, risk and investment planning.
Your main responsibility will be to create a financial strategy and framework that adapts and is flexible to allow the business to achieve its global opportunity for the benefit of all stakeholders is a critical component of the role.
The goal is to continue to grow the company’s revenues with a focus on recurring licence fees and profits to achieve full financial efficiency and sustainable growth.
Future Anthem is the market leader in Game Data Science, using AI and machine learning to provide actionable intelligence to help our customers – games studios and casino operators - grow responsibly with measurable improvements that enhance the casino player experience for everyone.
Future Anthem is a team of intelligent, inquisitive and talented people with a passion for data and results.
We offer a positive flexible working culture and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving.
About the role
- Drive the company’s financial planning over a 3-year horizon, considering both an investment programme and associated growth plan
- Ensure comprehensive monthly performance reporting across the business in a transparent manner that can be leveraged by the teams in the business to improve their operational performance against targets
- Partner with the management team to set annual budgets that are tracked and reported monthly/quarterly
- Decide on investment strategies in consultation with the CEO and the Board by considering the optimal equity/debt financial structure, cash, tax and liquidity management
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure, working with the CEO and Board to execute
- Collaborate with the technical function to assess and ensure that our R&D product development spend generates the returns that management are expecting and targeting
- Partner with the sales team to evaluate and contribute to pricing strategies that optimise margins whilst remaining appealing to our customers
- Optimise the tax strategy of the organisation, leveraging HMRC efficient programmes such as R&D tax credits, EMI, EIS etc
- Work with the CEO to develop remuneration plans for the organisation that incentive high levels of performance and achievement of company goals
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports in line with annually agreed budgets approved by the Board
- Support the CEO and NED in finalising customer and vendor contracts, ensuring a robust legal framework around IP ownership and risk management
- Oversee the day to day accounting and financial activities of the business
- Develop and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Proven experience as a Financial Director / CFO or other relevant role
- Top notch financial reporting, budget planning and overall robust financial operations
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Excel and financial management software (e.g. Xero)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Qualified accountancy professional
- Experience in software sales (SaaS) preferred
- Financial planning and analysis
- Contract Negotiations
- Initiative, self-starter and bags of enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and calmly with a strong sense of drive
- Communicative, concise, accurate and fresh
- Support teamwork and create team spirit
- Build loyal relationships with colleagues and our clients and partners
- Act quickly on new ideas
- Set challenging goals
- Support and motivate
- Drive delivery excellence
- Develop and deliver practical solutions to problems
- Support learning and innovation