Senior Auditor – Global Bank
The primary purpose of the Senior Auditor is to undertake a range of internal audits which cover the support functions of the Bank including Compliance, Finance, Operations, HR, Client Management, and Risk in support of the Global Markets trading activities across Fixed Income, Financial and Physical Commodities and DCM
Are you looking to return to the workplace after some time out? …Does this sound like you?
- Able to navigate complexity
- Enjoys working in a changing environment
- Flexible and willing to work in new and different areas
- Looking to broaden their audit experience
- Open to the opportunities, and looking for the profile, that working in a medium sized audit function can offer
The primary purpose of the Senior Auditor iis to undertake a range of internal audits which cover the support functions of the Bank including Compliance, Finance, Operations, HR, Client Management, and Risk in support of the Global Markets trading activities across Fixed Income, Financial and Physical Commodities and DCM. The role-holder will be required to plan, project-manage, execute & document audit fieldwork, and draft findings for reporting across the business as follows;
- Thematic audits that cover supporting functions (including Compliance, Operations, Risk, Finance, and HR).
- Global Markets Business audits
- To carry out other ad hoc reviews and investigations as requested by management.
The expectations of this role encompass the following: Understanding the business
- Good understanding of products, risks and support functions within a Global Markets environment, both from an internal operational perspective and an external market driven perspective.
- Good understanding of the current regulatory environment, industry best practice and external developments.
Being risk focused
- Expected to determine the risk based scope, of small and medium sized audits through appropriate analysis and differentiate between what is important and what is not to propose a preliminary scope of work.
- Expected to raise and draft findings and articulate the results and impact of audit work, both verbally and in writing, to contribute to a quality internal audit product.
- Expected to be actively involved in the quarterly risk assessment and annual audit planning process.
Efficient and effective service delivery
- Expected to plan and execute small to medium sized audits from planning through to audit reporting in line with agreed timeframes.
- Expected to project manage small to medium sized audits to ensure completion and documentation of audit testing in line with agreed budgets.
- Expected to be able to use and apply an appropriate mix of testing approaches including data analysis techniques on individual assignments to deliver efficient and effective audit testing.
- Expected to be resilient and determined to see projects through to completion.
- Team player who recognises the Bank-wide and departmental goals and objectives, and actively strives to achieve them.
- Can effectively operate in a small to medium sized team through supportive team work.
- Strong relationship management skills with management at an audit and portfolio level.
- Pro-active individual who will share knowledge, consult, and escalate questions for broader consideration and discussion.
- Plan and execute audit work through to draft findings and agreeing the results with management.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews and special investigations as requested from time to time by management.
- Ensure audit work is documented in accordance with internal and professional standards.
- Maintain leading edge industry knowledge and technical competence.
- Provide cost-effective and value added recommendations to management and contribute to enhancing the overall control environment.
- Ensure that audit reporting addresses all key control weaknesses.
- Provide input to the quarterly risk assessment and annual planning process.
- Develop effective ongoing portfolio relationships with business management.
- Provide assurance in other locations. Whilst the job will primarily be London based, there are a number of overseas locations in which audits may be scheduled. It is not anticipated that the travel requirement will exceed 15%.
- Where Financial Crime and/or fraud risk is identified in the course of work, these will be appropriately escalated.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Strong university degree.
- ACA or equivalent qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA).
- Big 4 trained background with a good level of post qualification experience preferably in the Financial Services industry, preferably including Global Markets experience, OR extensive experience of working in Internal Audit, auditing Global Markets trading products and the related internal control environment within Financial Services.
- An area of portfolio specialism based upon previous internal audit experience.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
- A proven track record of understanding the risks, processes and controls within a Global Markets environment.
- Deep knowledge of current industry practices in compliance matters including financial crime and understanding of current regulation and ongoing developments, including Basel III, MiFID II, CRD IV, Dodd Frank, EMIR.
- A flexible individual with an ability to undertake a varied portfolio of audits is required. The individual will need to demonstrate a track record of being adaptable and tackling new subject areas independently.
- The job holder should be a self-starter with sufficient experience as to be able to undertake assignments with limited supervision.
More searches like this
- Accountancy, Banking, Finance Full Time Home working available Returner Programmes jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management Full Time Home working available Returner Programmes jobs in London (Central)
- Business & Consultancy Full Time Home working available Returner Programmes jobs in London (Central)