Credit Manager - Global Bank
If you are looking to return to the workplace after some time out, this could be for you.. do you have:
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally Financial Services?
- Proven track record of performance in Financial Services?
- Minimum 2 years of credit analysis experience, ideally covering banks?
The Risk division encompasses the Credit Risk, Country Risk, Operational Risk, Physical Commodities Risk Assurance, Business Continuity Management and Market Risk disciplines.
Credit Risk consists of the rating and analysis, ongoing monitoring and reporting of the credit exposure that the Bank runs.
- Apply experience and knowledge of specific industry/product area with a view to minimising the inherent credit risks to the Bank while simultaneously managing these against the rewards implied by the Bank’s activities.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of Bank and Non-Bank Financial Institution (FI) clients, with a focus on emerging market banks. Counterparty risk management
- Perform detailed credit analysis of financial information, including published and management reports, financial models, fund newsletters, etc. and appropriate sensitivity scenarios.
- Liaise with clients and potential clients to test and authenticate the information supplied with a view of determining a sound credit opinion of the risks involved.
- Manage the end-to-end credit risk process, including liaising with Front Office on credit limit requests, assessing credit risk ratings, analyzing credit profiles of the counterparties, evaluating limit requests versus the established counterparty risk appetite, and managing credit limit structures.
- Provide input on the credit terms of and supports the negotiation of legal documentation, including GMRA and ISDA with or without CSA.
Transaction risk assessment
- Undertake risk analysis on new and existing transactions for customers with a particular focus on global markets, commodities and derivative products, and some structured transactions.
- Provide assistance to the Front Office on time-sensitive ad-hoc trading requests.
- Apply own Delegated Authority when approving transaction / limit requests.
- Undertake ongoing monitoring of the creditworthiness of the portfolio, using a variety of media as well as ongoing direct contact with clients.
- Maintain the bank’s database of client, product and industry information to support effective portfolio management.
- Monitor, manage and report customer positions including limit excesses (and if relevant alert the relevant support functions when trade exposures are incorrectly reported) and non-payment of/disputed collateral calls.
- Liaise with internal departments – within Credit Risk, as well as with Legal/Documentation, Operations, Compliance, Market/Country Risk, Front Office, Management, etc.
Team and Senior Management Support
- Involvement in and oversight of relevant projects and New Product Processes (NPPs) which relate to the credit risk management of relevant Financial Institution clients.
- Support team members in their own relationship management efforts where necessary, including by assisting with ad-hoc credit analysis, performing the secondary credit manager function, etc.
- Provide support to the Head of Financial Institutions Credit Risk, London and the Global Head: Financial Institutions Credit.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written & Oral communication skills
- Well organised
- Client mind-set
- Results and solutions orientated
- High level of integrity
- Global mind-set
The role would suit someone who is: ·
- Able to navigate complexity ·
- Able to work in ambiguity ·