A fabulous opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our small management team as accounts manager.
The role is full time (with flexibility 32 - 38 hours) and on a permanent contract. This role can be either a remote, in person or hybrid within the London HQ based in NW10.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting directly to the Directors, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounts and financial management accounting. The role is ideal for an experienced accountant or accounts manager seeking to apply their technical expertise to a dynamic and evolving organisation.
Overview of the role:
The right person will provide comprehensive, seamless, and efficient management of accounts including but not limited to: supplier accounts, private health insurance accounts, third party accounts. In addition, accurate and timely preparation of payroll, scheduling or payroll payments, payment of self employed staff members as well as preparation of monthly management accounts for the directors.
Pre-boarding and Induction
- Setting up new employees Payroll
- Introducing self to new team members as point of contact for queries relating to: pay, KPI
- Meet monthly with the founders to present and interpret monthly financial reports.
- Daily invoicing to private health insurers
- Weekly reconciliation and generating of short fall invoices
- Monthly recording of commissions including Asquith and Fit partnership
- Weekly Sales Report
- Daily PAYG payment reports
- Daily sales report
- Monthly PnL using Xero
- Monthly YTD
- Monthly KPI reports
- Monthly collection of private insurance invoices in arrears
- Monthly collection of private paying clients in arrears
- Monthly calculation and preparation of employed team KPIs to send to clinical lead physiotherapists at each site.
- Daily ongoing managing and preparing of financial records and management end of year accounts using Xero
- Setting up payment plans as agreed from the Directors
- Prepare monthly payroll for PAYE staff (taking into account AL, sick, change of work hours)
- Setting up payments for Payroll PAYE staff
- Managing review and payment of monthly self employed staff invoices
- Ongoing setting up of supplier payments
- Managing monthly routine payment dates
- Cash flow management by suggesting days of payment
- Fulfilling accounting and reporting requirements to HMRC.
- To manage grant applications (nothing active at present)
- Substantial relevant experience, with understanding of the health,leisure or spa sector
- Strong IT skills, including excellent working knowledge of Xero accounts software
- Excellent Excel skills
- A recognised professional accounting qualification is desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally.
- A self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Capable of rapid and accurate turn around on a high workload and multiple tasks.
- Ability to focus on the details but also understand the bigger picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of confidence and able to instill confidence in others
- Motivated and focused
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good use of initiative
- Flexible approach to the role