Tech Support Engineer / Platform Controller 61651
You will be responsible for providing first line support of Sky's TV Products & Content 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Platform Control optimises the customer experience by managing faults and quickly restoring service in line with the company's commitment to provide 'content worth paying for'. This position is an excellent fit for a recent graduate looking to start a tech career in a brilliant media company.What you'll do:
Shift Pattern - Days and Night (5 days on / 5 days off)
- To ensure effective operation of our diverse range of broadcast systems and the timely detection and resolution of faults in order to achieve the highest possible service availability for our customers.
- Drive incident resolution and effectively manage communications to ensure everyone remains informed and reassured during incidents.
- Perform a range of proactive checks that predict and prevent platform incidents
- Quickly assimilate new services and ways of working to support continual change
- Seek ways to improve processes and drive availability.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience interrogating monitoring systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to apply Known Fixes
- Confident escalating Technical Issues
- Strong reporting/logging skills
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.Your office base: