Senior Manager, Data analytics
Sound like your kind of place?
We're looking for a Senior Manager to join CCOR Analytics Services, with responsibility for leading a team of multi skilled Data Analysts. This means you'll need to balance the day to day management of the team whilst driving and delivering high quality and innovative analytics support and solutions to our oversight teams.
Here's what you'd be getting involved with...
- Leading the analysis, interpretation and provision of insight utilising multiple data sources - including both operational risk systems and customer data platforms (Teradata and SAS based), to identify and quantify customer themes.
- Supporting and leading CCOR data led oversight as part of the Transformation Programme. Building end user analysis tools to allow greater self serve on regular/repetitive information requests.
- Support the design and implementation of internal governance and Operating Model to ensure effective collaborative working between all aspects of the Analytics Services team and wider CCOR.
- Establish and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including presenting at senior stakeholder meetings up to Director level. Identify industry standards to ensure legal, regulatory and professional compliance, and establish knowledge sharing relationships with other LBG analytics teams.
- Exemplify a forward-looking risk and control focus which enables continuous improvement of our frameworks and strategy, keeping us focused on key outcomes.
- Leading the development of others in the team (both technical and non-technical skills)
- Independently minded, with excellent analysis, creativity and innovation skills. Sound judgment, calm under pressure, and the ability to prioritise and delegate.
- A highly analytical approach to problem solving and the ability to learn quickly in areas that are not your areas of expertise, being confident to ask questions and challenge constructively.
- Intellectually curious on how data can be used to help influence the decisions of senior stakeholders with a strong track record of execution and delivery and a passion for helping CCOR transition to a more Data Led approach.
And the skills/background you'd possess...!
- Experience of using data, researching and interpreting multiple, diverse sources of information.
- Utilising tools including SAS/SQL to extract & summarise data and provide insight and analysis.
- Experience of running analytical projects, collaborating closely and communicating with business partners whilst building strong relationships.
- Ability to independently translate your analysis into a coherent and compelling story, with strong communication and influencing skills and confidence to deliver at Senior Leadership level
- Solid attention to detail and ability to plan and organise own workload, with a proven ability to meet timelines.
- Understanding of how machine learning / AI can enhance analytics and support future development
- Detailed understanding of the Group's data, MI and reporting capability and functionality including experience of large scale Group wide data platforms
- Strong experience of data analysis and visualisation, turning data into business insight (e.g. through Power BI / Tableau)
- A level of practical experience of statistical / Data Analytics packages e.g. R/Python
- Experience of Risk Management Frameworks (inc OneRCSA) and working in the three lines of defence would be beneficial but is not essential.
So what can we offer you in return?
The opportunity to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve an exciting and fulﬁlling career, along with:
- Discretionary bonus and share plans
- Generous pension contributions
- 30 days' leave, plus bank holidays
- A flexible pot (an extra 4% of base salary) to spend on benefits or take as cash
- Private health benefit
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we provide excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You'll get plenty of support, and you'll be surrounded by people who empower you to take the initiative, build relationships and make it happen. Together we can make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.