Assistant Manager - Model Risk & Validation
You'll provide technical support to MRAV portfolio leads to ensure credit risk models are fit for purpose via
- Independent reviews of new models, model changes and annual validation
- Issue escalation and raising and closing of actions where appropriate
- You'll also gain and an awareness of model plans/strategies/roadmaps, including infrastructure and end-to-end processes
- We'll support you to seek out, propose, and play an active role in implementing new insights and processes
- You'll contribute to the revision, improvement and embedding of the model governance framework, including best practice and standards, both internal and external to MRAV
As well as upward progression, future career options that can become available include:
- Further model review experience in MRAV such as Retail, market risk, etc.
- Credit risk management in the business (due to the close interaction with the business required)
- Model development
- Other central functions such as capital management, strategy & planning, or stress testing
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge:
You'll be expected to have an understanding in Commercial Credit or Retail Credit models
- Qualifications: You'll be highly numerate, with at least a degree level qualification covering quantitative content or equivalent skills derived from experience
- Experience: Model build experience and/or independent validation within a financial services organisation, using C/C++, R, Python or SAS
- Judgement: Ability to make sound model judgements, taking into account model performance, regulation and wider considerations such as complexity vs benefit
- Integrity: Has ethics and integrity at the heart of every decision, and creates an environment that encourages high performance, willingness, honesty and integrity
- Drive and Delivery: Ability to overcome challenges to deliver business results
- Influence: Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing (including model documentation), across peer stakeholder groups
- Business Knowledge: Knowledge of banking business and associated risk management approaches sufficient to understand models in the context of the business
- Industry Knowledge: An understanding of modelling and validation techniques, governance, model documentation and relevant regulation, including an awareness of any changes that may impact the Group
Does this sound like you?
If so, then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you! In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career potential.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential. As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.