Senior PQ Engineer
What you'll do:
Technical Leadership and Delivery
- Collaborate - The Display Engineering function will collaborate across multi-disciplinary and cross-territory teams. Including, but not limited to, R+D, Hardware and Software Engineering, Project Management, Materials, Supply Chain, Product Delivery and a variety of Broadcast Engineering teams across Sky, Comcast and NBCU to ensure an industry best picture quality and viewing experience on Sky Glass Television platforms.
- Strategic - Provide strong input into the roadmaps for our display products and supporting delivery of the video experience, setting long term goals and industry leading vision. Always ensuring we base of Picture Quality (PQ) measurements on scientifically sound matrix
- Design - Drive innovation to push the boundaries of technology across all our display products. Ensuring every component within the picture quality experience is of high quality, outstanding performance, and maintain simple and robust fault analysis on the service we provide.
- Delivery - Identify and implement ongoing PQ improvements through detailed analysis and tuning and deliver iterative improvement utilising agile software delivery methods as part of our daily standups and high cadence deployment cycle.
What you'll bring:
Educated to degree level in one of the following fields:
Broadcast/Content engineering, Colour/Image Science, Chemistry, Physics, Electronic Engineering
- Strong engineering experience within a relevant Engineering area, working in multi-disciplined, technical teams, with a track record of delivering complex programmes and projects on the global stage.
- Knowledge of global video systems and standards including PAL, NTSC, REC.709, BT.2020. BT.2100 etc. Be highly experienced in glass to glass video and audio production and distribution methods and workflows. An expert in advanced encoding and decoding technologies including H.264 & H.265.
- The ability to deliver big things within small, focussed, highly motivated and technically skilled teams.
- Experience in highly detailed analysis of video and display technology measurement utilising tooling such as Calman, oscilloscopes and VMAF
We're the Product Hub. We're the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can't wait to get started on what's next.
Want to deliver brilliant products and unmissable entertainment that grips millions of households? Our 1000 strong, Product Delivery team does everything from developing innovative AI technology to creating the best HDR viewing experience for TV products. From Sky Go to Sky Q & Sky Glass, we take our products to the next level and make them more agile and reliable with every release.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you'll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We've adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You'll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our location takes some beating: we're practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there's some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.