Real Estate Project Manager
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centres of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organisational Effectiveness & Engagement & Communication and Real Estate & Facilities. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Project Nano Summary:
Due to upcoming changes in the business and limitations within our current HQ, there is a need to relocate the labs and antenna’s/equipment currently on the roof of 99 City Road, into a separate new location outside of London (within c. 40 minutes train journey) with excellent line of sight to our satellites.
The leadership of the impacted business areas are aware of this project but strong project management skills and stakeholder engagement will be required. Engagement with stakeholders to gather requirements for the new location is complete and a short-list of properties is currently being assessed.
Main Project & responsibilities
This role is primarily to project manage the entirety of Project Nano. This will include liaising with stakeholders and the management of external contractors for the equipment audit and roof terminal tracing, the acquisition and fit-out of the new lab location, and move management between the two locations.
The project manager needs to demonstrate experience in managing complex relocations of technical areas, with excellent change management and stakeholder management skills.
Goals & Objectives
- In collaboration with Real Estate, complete acquisition of the new premises and start the fit out process by Q2 2023
- In collaboration with Real Estate, be responsible for acquisition and fit out of appropriate facilities to support all technical functions located in London/99CR within a c.40-60 minute journey from Central London that will house antenna equipment on the roof and associated racks.
- Successfully manage relocation from 99 CR to new lab location by Q2 2024
- Plan for the management and ownership of lab moving forward
Project Nano Deliverables:
- Identify ‘owners’ of racks and roof terminals
- Complete relocation of labs from City Road to chosen location within an agreed timeline and budget
- Ensures the achievement of project targets, to the right quality, within agreed budgets and timelines
- Plan for future management and processes to maintain the new technical location
- Complete project closing and handover to the BUs/relevant stakeholder groups
- Conducts scoping, planning, budgeting, risk identification and management, controlling and reporting activities, throughout all stages of the project lifecycle
- Implement and take responsibility for communication, stakeholder and change management plans
- Define scope and engagement of external resources and manages external project members (contractors, designers, landlord representatives etc.), and drives collaboration including tendering for works.
- Establishing which kit needs to be moved into a Co-Lo verses the new Inmarsat ‘lab’ location
- Identify and introduce project management systems and workflows that support the efficient running and delivery of the project
- Provide structured program updates to defined stakeholders highlighting program progress, performance and risk / opportunity
- Responsible for all admin tasks related to the project including setting up vendors and managing payments via SAP
- Provide both a mix of support, coaching and challenge to the various BUs in order to deliver the project in line with CRES requirements
- Ensure robust Health Safety and Environment procedures in place to drive zero harm philosophy (including, but not limited to, clear processes and procedures for permits to work, RAMS approval etc that align with Corporate governance)
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Recognised Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP, PPQ etc)
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree, or equivalent
- Project experience in Telecommunications and/or Datacentre relocations & builds required
- Real Estate and technical & Program Management experience
- Experience with a mid-level understanding of I.T network terminology
- Experience as a Project Manager from construction / facilities management / real estate background is preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work with Exec level structures.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Ability to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel, experience using SharePoint and other project management software
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do