We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
- Salary (Annual):
- £20 000 - £29 999
- Salary Description:
- Commensurate with experience
- OAC Actuaries and Consultants
- Accountancy, Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Part time
- Date Posted:
- Friday, 3rd August 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Yes, 24 hours per week from a home base, ideally across the 5 days although some flexibility may be offered for the right person
- Job Ref:
Position: Senior Bookkeeper (ref: 12071801)
Location: Employed to work from a home base in the UK.
Part-time, 24 hours per week.
As a successful and expanding business we are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our team.
The candidate will be AAT qualified and required to implement the full accounts function to trial balance / profit and loss stage, produce management accounts for the Board of Directors, and manage the payrolls for two companies within the Group. Ideally the person will have experience working in the financial services industry.
This is a hands-on and autonomous role of paramount importance to the business, and suitable candidates need to be professional, efficient and confident in their own abilities.
Significant and extensive practical experience of bookkeeping, including creditor and debtor ledgers, BACS and CHAPS payments, bank account reconciliations, credit control, cash flow analysis, VAT and ESL returns are essential.
Further aspects of the role will involve:
- preparing for end of year audit and liasing with external auditors;
- producing monthly financial management reports;
- responding to relevant telephone, post and email enquiries;
- analysing and recommending system changes where necessary; and
alerting management to any out-of-the-ordinary single transactions or out-of-the-ordinary accumulations of entries
liasing with clients, suppliers, liasing with staff, contractors, associates and insurers.
Further skills and experience include:
- proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, general computer literacy and, ideally, knowledge of VBA;
- a forensic, persistent and enquiring mind with excellent attention to detail;
- good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- an ability to work from a home base; and
- enthusiasm to work as part of a pro-active team.
In addition to a competitive salary, bonus scheme and other benefits, such as generous holiday allowance and support for Continued Professional Development (if appropriate), OAC offers the opportunity to achieve the work/life balance you may have always wanted.
This is a part-time position, working 24 hours per week, ideally across five days although some flexibility may be offered for the right person.
Only applicants with a suitable amount of UK-based experience and who have a legal right to work within the UK will be considered.