We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Regional Sales Champions
- Salary (Annual):
- Salary Description:
- High Commission - £18,000 - £30,000+ per annum OTE
- IT and Internet, Recruitment, Sales
- Working Pattern:
- Part time
- Date Posted:
- Tuesday, 2nd October 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Yes, Work from home, minimum 20 hours per week
- Job Ref:
Workingmums.co.uk is the leading website for mums to find local flexible and part-time work. Building on this success, we’re now looking to recruit a team of talented, local, enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced regional sales champions who will play a key role in growing our local client advertiser base and job volumes.
Working from home, you’ll be required to sell our online advertising products to local employers a minimum of 20 hours per week, via cold-calling, emailing and self generated leads. Much of the work will be over the phone and email, with the option to arrange meetings for larger accounts.
Using our experience selling to local businesses, you’ll have a clear mandate to target local job advertisers and businesses. Responsible for your own region and area, you’ll be generating sales, managing local customer accounts plus you’ll be expected to keep up to date with local activity, for example through local business networks, and with how the central team can support your sales effort with editorial, event coverage and marketing activity. You’ll also be responsible for spreading the word about Workingmums.co.uk to other mums in your area.
This is a self-employed role and initially commission based only, with the opportunity to earn £2,000 + per month.
Good experience of sales is essential, so unfortunately we would need a very convincing reason to consider candidates who haven’t worked in sales.
Curious? Interested? Here’s a bit more about this exciting role and what’s required from the successful candidates:
• First and foremost, you will be a revenue earner, so the more calls and contacts you make, the more you’ll earn
• You’ll be representing Workingmums.co.uk in your local area, so a professional and organised approach to your work is important
• Working flexible hours at home brings rewards and challenges – you’ll need to be disciplined to make enough customer contacts to achieve your sales targets
• A good IT set-up is an important part to making any home-based role work efficiently, so you’ll need a good home-office, with broadband and cost-effective day-time calling
• A positive, confident and enthusiastic approach that is infectious and commands respect of others are traits that we find work well in our sales team
• As the role is primarily telesales-based, you will have to be resilient and comfortable in generating new business through cold calling and emails to local businesses, identifying and developing new sales opportunities from inception through to closure, constantly tracking leads through the process. That’s why experience of having performed a role like this is favourable.
If this is an opportunity that excites you and you’re confident that you are the right person to drive our sales forward, we’d love to hear from you.
In your covering letter we’d like to hear why you think we should consider your application, what differentiates you as the best candidate and how your experience substantiates these assertions.
[Please note: we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates and those shortlisted should expect a response within two weeks of application].