We're sorry, but this job has now expired.
To search live jobs like this one click here.
Personal Assistant - Part Time
- Greater London: Central London
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Accountancy, Admin Secretarial and PAs, Banking Insurance Finance
- Working Pattern:
- Part time
- Date Posted:
- Friday, 12th October 2012
- Flexibility Offered:
- Job Ref:
Personal Assistant – Part Time – Leveraged Finance - London
Are you a highly efficient and self-motivated Personal Assistant who is used to working on your own initiative to ensure the smooth running of an office and delivering a service that benefits everyone you deal with? Then you could soon be providing vital secretarial and administrative support to the Bank’s Leveraged Finance team in a role that has a truly international flavour.
Why Standard Chartered Bank?
With 1,700 offices in 70 markets, Standard Chartered offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for around 85,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. The Bank's heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, Here for good. A sustained record of profitable success over the last 9 years speaks for itself.
- Organise complex and fast changing travel itineraries over multiple time zones, including booking flights, hotels, cars, restaurants etc.
- Diary and email management for Managing Director
- Diary management for Leveraged Finance team.
- Manage and co-ordinate Outlook diaries including arranging and booking internal and external meetings, and conference calls/video conferences often over different time zones.
- Prepare claims online for reimbursements of business expenses ensuring they are within policy in a timely manner.
- Check invoices from external suppliers in preparation for payment.
- Ensure that senior executives and other team members from other international offices are looked after when visiting the London office, providing them with secretarial support and liaising with their PAs to provide a smooth service.
- Approve requests via PeopleSoft, E-Procurement and RMS on behalf of the Leveraged Finance team.
- On-line purchasing and ordering administration using the Bank’s software (RMS and E-Procurement)
- Handle telephone calls including responding to client requests
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- Impressive experience gained working in a PA/secretarial role
- Proficiency in office IT, including good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internal intranet forms and processes
- A strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
- A willingness to work independently in what is often a stand-alone role
- The ability to work well as part of a team when required
- A flair for organising and arranging meetings, lunches etc
- A collegial and trustworthy approach
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.