Anywhere Working Week launches
Anywhere Working is a consortium of organisations like Microsoft, Regus and Transport for London and is backed by the Department of Transport. It emphasises the benefits of flexible working, including health, environmental and business benefits.
It is asking individuals and businesses to try out mobile working - from homeworking to working in a cafe or a hub - this week and assess how much money and time it has saved them as a result and how much it has reduced their carbon footprint. The site has an Anywhere Working Savings Calculator. The site also includes a host of case studies which promote the business benefits of flexible working. And there will be more advice on implementing flexible working more strategically in the Next Steps section.
Members of the consortium will be promoting the week. For instance:
- Microsoft is offering a free trial of its Office 365 service
- Business in the Community, which between its member organisations represent one in four employees in the UK, will be promoting the week across its three websites, highlighting a number a case studies around flexible working
- Vodafone UK will be sharing tips and insights to help businesses find better ways of working
- Regus will be offering access to all its UK centres for those who register on the Anywhere Working portal, as well as providing complimentary three month Businessworld Gold cards
- TfL will continue to work closely with businesses to encourage and support flexible working during the London 2012 Games and beyond
- The Government will continue to look at the lessons learned from the ‘Operation StepChange’ week in early February, in order to inform its plans for the Olympic period and ensure it’s maximising the legacy value of working more flexibly
- The WWF-UK will be providing content and case studies including ‘did you know’ facts and stats about the impact traveling for work has on the environment.
During the week, members and their staff will be given access to offers, including a week-long free gym membership at Nuffield Health, a free 3-month Regus Goldcard to access WiFi enabled flexible working desk space around the UK and a 30-day free trial of Office 365.
Anywhere Working has also launched a competition with the chance for people to win one of three ‘Ultimate Anywhere Working Kits’ in return for contributing their best flexible working tips – find out more here.