After-school care: ask the expert

I need a childminder for a few hours to pick up my children from school. How do I go about finding someone?

Your local Children’s Information Service (CIS) has details of all the registered childcare providers in your area. You can contact the CIS and ask for a list of registered providers to be sent out to you. You will then need to contact any appropriate childminders on the list, to see of they are able to pick your child up from school. You can contact your local CIS by calling ChildcareLink on 0800 234 6346. You could also check with other parents, who might also have their children picked up from the same school as your children’s. They may also be able to give you their view on the service the childminder provides. For more information, visit The Daycare Trust or click here.

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *