Flexible teaching course: ask the expert

Please can someone advise me where I can do a flexible PGCE for secondary English.

You should explore this site for a thorough review of the options open to you.

As you can see from the info below, Brunel, Goldsmiths and Edge Hill offer flexible / modular study PGCE (English) courses.

In theory, you could also try to do a “learn on the job” PGCE through the school-centred initial teacher training programme (SCITT), apply through the Graduate Teacher Training Registry (GTTR, details also on site).  In practice, unless you are an exceptional candidate, I think you’d find it hard to obtain a place and you may find it a rather daunting programme.

Search results: PGCE English

Courses found: 7
Anglia Ruskin University – Teaching literacy skills to adults
University of Brighton – English
Brunel University – English [flexible]
Edge Hill University – English [flexible]
Goldsmiths, University of London – English [flexible]
University of Hertfordshire – English
University of Worcester – English

Good luck!

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *