Business Intelligence Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join our busy in-house development team. We are looking for somebody with full SQL stack experience (SSIS / SSAS / SSRS). Experience with Power BI would be preferable but is not essential. The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Analyst will include: -
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements and delivering high quality and accurate business objects universe and reporting.
- Build on the existing data warehouse by reviewing existing silo databases and building integrations
- To offer a holistic view of data across the Willmott Dixon estate and give guidance or build standards to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to database structure during technical meetings
- To enhance reporting database structures where required
- Understand how integrated data sets can be used in Business Intelligence, either as reports or visualisations
- To understand administration of Business Objects processes and servers
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
- Collaborate with Product Delivery Manager in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
- Carry out all assignments and projects in a manner that adheres to and complies with the QMS and Product Delivery Handbook
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Essential - ETL processes including knowledge of data warehousing strategies and theories
- Essential - SQL for querying, function creation or view/table creation
- Essential - The Microsoft BI stack especially SSIS/SSAS/SSRS processes
- Essential - Understanding Dimensional modelling in integrated data sets or DWH
- SAP Business Objects product suite (XI and upwards) for reporting and universe design
- Understand administration of Business Objects processes and servers
- Knowledge of other BI products including cloud solutions (i.e Power BI)
- Elicitation, documentation and validation of system requirements.
- Business and data analysis
- System testing and techniques
- Delivery of technical projects
- Microsoft Office experience
Qualifications and Membership
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Business Analysis
- CCBA / CBAP
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.