Highways Administrator - Part Time
Part time position
Talented people are the key to our success
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Highways Administrator to work on our Eastern Highways Framework.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We are looking for a Highways Administrator to support to all stakeholders on designated highways projects, ensuring the day to day stakeholder operations, as detailed in the stakeholder management plan, are delivered operationally. The role will also be responsible for being the first point of contact for all general public and stakeholder complaints and queries and addressing and escalating as necessary.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Highways Administrator you will:
- Address stakeholder / customer concerns and questions as FPOC
- Manage day to day stakeholder management plan activities for several projects
- Regular communicate project progress to all stakeholders
- Arrange and support regular public events acting as a representative of Morgan Sindall
- To be aware of all aspects of the works, consider how these packages may impact on stakeholders (mainly but not exclusively residents and motorists).
- Take appropriate action to advise and warn in advance (through letter drops, client website, e-mail, social networking, etc)
- Deal with requests for information and complaints, and manage a complaints register to record the issues and actions taken.
- Produce and maintain the public information wall plans to record sensitive receptors, environmental constraints, details of letter drops undertaken, works on structures etc.
- Be aware of special events in the area that may impact on traffic flows and liaise with the TM team accordingly
- Produce regular newsletters to advise external stakeholders of progress with the scheme
- Liaise with local authority officers and councillors at county, district and parish level together with resident and other stakeholder groups
- Liaise with the freight transport association, local businesses and regional traffic generators (airports, docks etc)
- Assist in the arrangement of public information exhibitions including booking of venues, production of exhibition boards etc.
- General administration duties
Construction / Infrastructure experience would be experience would be preferable, previous Highways knowledge would be advantageous. Strong administration and written word skills required for this role.
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.