Highways Maintenance Operative
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake the installation of temporary traffic management, and all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil’s works, and litter picking.
- Location: Newark Depot Stephenson Way, Newark on Trent, Nottinghamshire NG24 2TQ
- Working Hours: 42 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: you will be working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern rotating nights.
- Contract: Permanent
What will this role involve?
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including; Carriageway and footway patching, kerbing, cover replacement, keeping the network safe for all users.
- Participate in winter maintenance services; precautionary gritting, the safe clearance of snowfall
- You will be financially rewarded when required to attend emergency and out of hours’ response services throughout the year
- Follow Amey’s Zero Code by ensuring yourself, others and the working environments are safe
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a Full Driving Licence – must have an LGV Driving Licence (Class C)
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and develop new skills
What makes Amey unique?
In return for your commitments you will be making a difference within your local community. Working for Amey, you will be eligible to receive excellent benefits such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- 24 days paid holiday + bank holidays with the options to purchase additional holiday
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
- Discounts at high street stores including, cheaper cinema tickets and special offers available at local restaurants