Customer Operations - Full Time or Part Time
We're looking for smart, empathetic people to join our Customer Operations (COps) team in our Cardiff office.
We're on a mission to make money work for everyone, and to do this we need to grow our amazing customer support team.
COps are the heart of Monzo
You'll be the first point of contact for any of our users who have questions, problems, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo, and the main way our customers communicate with us.
We want to delight our customers in any way possible. It can be something small like wishing someone a happy birthday. Or something bigger, like cycling a new bank card over to someone who needs it urgently.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Identifying customers who are in vulnerable situations and helping to figure out what steps we can take to support them.
- Working closely with our financial crime team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends.
- Being the first port of call for customer complaints to make sure that they're treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Investigating and make decisions about payments made on stolen cards, as well as looking into scam websites.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating missing transfers and Direct Debits, helping manage the customers who are switching to Monzo.
- Supporting other members in the team by being a point of escalation for other COps and mentoring new joiners.
After you're fully comfortable helping our customers, you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge in the various other areas of the Customer Operations team. This could range from helping our Calls and Social Media team to spending time with our financial crime specialists!
Your working life
The salary for this role is up to £22,750 a year (£11p/h) plus additional allowance for working anti-social hours. All Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package – read more about what this means here.
You’ll be working from our Cardiff office, Monday to Friday, and you'll need to work 2 weekend days in every 4 week period.
This position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
You should apply if you:
- care deeply about delighting our customers
- are a UK resident (live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
- have the right to work in the UK
- are comfortable using a laptop
- are over 18 years old
If you're planning to do any working from home, you'll also need:
- a quiet and private home working space
- a solid internet connection (download speed- 5mbps; upload speed - 1mbps)
The interview and on-boarding process
The next planned assessment day is on:
- Wednesday 12th December (London)
(These are the last assessment dates before the end of the year, but there'll be more dates in January too!)
If you're successful, we’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that we’ll invite you for a half-day assessment. You’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates. If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to make money work for everyone!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00, and we'll give you all the tools and training you need. You need to be available full time in Cardiff for the first week, but we can be a bit more flexible to fit your circumstances in the second week, if you've got caring or studying commitments for example. Please let us know if you'd need any adjustments to make this work.