Training Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Training Manager
Job Function: Due to an exciting period of growth we are now looking for a Training Advisor to join our Training and HR team here at Chelsea FC and support the development of training programmes club wide.
Ideally, with 2-4years working experience in a training role, you will support the delivery of the HR People Plan and within that the Training Plan. You will be involved in a wide variety of activities from ensuring all training administration is complete to advertising and designing workshops. You should love working in a customer focused company where you enjoy building relationships, seeing people develop and being proud of a creating a robust and innovative learning and development provision.
- Own and deliver the Club-wide learning and development activities including administration and communications - through our systems - including CoreHR, Safety Media, the intranet and noticeboards
- Manage the learning and development diary and the training room bookings. Set up the training room as required for training and ordering supplies.
- Liaising with HR Business Partners and Heads of Department regarding new starters on boarding and team training needs. Build and maintain strong relationships throughout the Club to communicate learning and development activities, give advice, and solve specific training problems
- Create, manage and update the Club Induction with useful and engaging content and facilitate the monthly session
- Ensure compliance training requirements are met, kept up to date and reported on.
- Design and Develop internal 90 minute training workshops based on both business and individual needs.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Apprenticeship Levy, apprenticeships that are available and what is in development, liaising regularly with the apprenticeship providers to ensure learners are on track and supported in their development.
- Support and regularly liaise with Apprentices, colleagues completing external training and Interns.
- Awareness of training expenditure
- Monitor and evaluate all training sessions making suggestions for change if necessary
- Keep up to date with learning and development initiatives, create ideas for improvement
- Play a key role in helping the organisation identify and develop its talent pool
- Previous training experience, accustomed to design and delivery of training workshops
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, versatile communicator from the most junior to the most senior of colleagues
- Digital savvy with experience of LMS and eLearning systems
- Knowledge of Apprenticeship Levy what it is and how it works
- Creative and Resourceful
- Adept to working in a busy environment with different challenges and demands.
- Keen interest in ensuring Learning and Development is seen as a positive experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of a sports environment and winning mentality
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.