Talent and Workspace Manager - Flexible Working Available
Salary Range (25k-35k)
Based in Kings Cross, London.
Switchee are looking for an exceptional Talent and Workspace Manager (More boringly known as HR, hiring & office manager). Someone who can create an inspiring environment to work in, attract new talented people to join us and manage all of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes to make that happen (i.e. the all-important admin!).
The Switchee social mission:
One in five households in the UK live in social housing, a sector with the right values at its core but that has historically struggled to deploy innovations in the home. Many residents still can’t afford to heat their homes and live in cold, mouldy properties they can’t be proud of. At Switchee, we believe that everyone deserves to live in a decent home and that the environments we inhabit have a massive influence on our ability to enjoy life and prosper.
We may be only four years old, but it’s already been quite a ride! Our first product, the internet connected Switchee thermostat is already in 40 of the biggest housing providers in the UK. We’re growing 300% year on year and are backed by some of the best-known investors in technology and social impact.
To strengthen our small team of 21 passionate and ambitious people and to take care of them and our office, we are looking for an outstanding individual to join us. Your commitment to our values and mission are paramount.
As Talent and Workspace Manager, you will be responsible for finding new and creative ways to attract great talent to the company. You will also be ensuring we have a great environment to work in. There will be always room for improvement and you will be required to challenge the status quo, take initiative and ownership of your role. This is a very hands-on and operational job but we also need you to have the ability to see the bigger strategic picture. You’ll need to ask yourself… How happy are our staff? Are we meeting our recruitment targets? You should be confident in your own ability and enjoy working with people at all levels.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop creative ways to attract and recruit talented people to Switchee
- Drive the recruitment process for candidates, making sure both successful and rejected candidates have a great experience.
- Develop and run a new-joiner onboarding process
- Act as a brand ambassador for Switchee at recruitment fairs
- Stay up to date on recruiting trends and practices, continuously working on ways to improve the recruitment process
- Build relationships with relevant industry associations, universities, meetups and other appropriate events
- Develop and communicate our company culture, training and benefits
- Manage our employment documentation and all HR processes
- Organise our regular social events and the “working remotely week” - a week of work and fun for the whole team (usually overseas)
- Manage smooth day-to-day running of our Kings Cross based office.
- Provide some basic IT support (email, Slack, Google, MS Office accounts)
- Loads of other stuff (if nobody’s sure whose job it is, it’s probably yours!)
Your Experience and skills
- A year or two of work experience in a fast-paced (eg startup) office role, preferably in an HR or recruitment role, but smart and ambitious recent graduates also considered.
- Excellent organisational skills to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong command of English with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Naturally a service minded problem-solver
- IT Savvy (especially MS Office and Google Office Suite)
You will play an integral part in keeping our employees happy, so in return (and in addition to competitive salary!), you will get the best colleagues and a supportive work environment. You will get loads of responsibility from day one but also the freedom to make this role your own.
What we look for in you
We are a diverse bunch of people at Switchee. That said, there are some characteristics we always look for:
- You deeply care about Switchee’s mission; you have a desire to build something revolutionary, that will disrupt an industry, and positively impact ordinary people’s lives.
- You care about the environment, are interested in energy efficiency and have thought about the challenges and opportunities posed by an evolving domestic energy market.
- You like technology and neat solutions to complex problems.
- You thrive on challenge and change; you naturally gravitate to the hardest questions first and love thinking differently to solve them.
- You are biased towards action and you’re happiest when you’re ‘getting stuff done’.
- You’re open, positive & straightforward. You’re not afraid to stand up for your convictions, even when it’s hard to do so.
- You delight in your colleagues’ successes and thrive on your failures; you grasp any opportunity for learning and constantly seek to improve.
More about our mission:
We believe that radical innovation in internet connected technology can ensure that every resident, every day, is living in a home that allows them to succeed. That’s why our products are built not just on great technology, but on an understanding of what people want from the space they live in.
This approach led us to reimagine the most mundane household object, a thermostat, into a product that automagically reduces energy bills, looks great and offers control to those who want it.
We are also revolutionising the way social landlords manage their housing stock with an obsessively tailored SAAS property dashboard and handy alerts on things like when the boiler is going to break.
Our next project is to build the ultimate connected hub for the social home. It’s going to revolutionise the way residents interact with their properties and landlords manage their homes.
Life at Switchee
We like to keep things simple and flexible at Switchee and consider you to be joining our family. Currently, we have an informal policy where we each decide how much holiday we want to take with no formal limit. We occasionally work remotely but are sensitive to the needs of our colleagues.
We socialise together with regular outings in London and an annual “working remotely” trip where you have the option (but not obligation) to join us in working from a fun location.
If we end up working together, we can offer a competitive salary and a generous stake in the company.
If you believe in the same things, don’t hesitate any longer, apply now! Please be in touch soon as we’ll proceed once the right person is found. If you’d like to apply please submit a CV and cover letter by clicking the button below.
Please note: Successful candidates should be able to attend a face-to-face interview at our office in London.