SPONSORSHIP MANAGER - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
The Women’s Sat Nav to Success Ltd exists to enable women to have the work, recognition, support and rewards they merit throughout their career. And in doing so, to deliver the benefits of gender balance to their organisation.
This is a passionate micro-business that has invested heavily in deep and detailed practical as well as academic research to identify the most potent enablers of women’s success. The impact of these insights is immediate and significant. Our goal is to extend the reach of this impact and one of the key strategies to make this happen is our annual survey which was first launched in 2017.
The aim of the annual Women’s Sat Nav to Success Survey is to show employers where to focus their resources to make the most rapid, tangible and cost-effective progress possible across a range of measures including closing their gender pay gap.
It also provides participants in the survey with an immediate career benefit as it acts as a free and fast development module and downloadable self-assessment and action-planning too.
In 2018, the survey was sponsored by Liverpool Victoria (LV=) and workingmums.co.uk
As a social enterprise The Women’s Sat Nav to Success Ltd wants this role to be a stepping stone back into work for a new parent who has taken time out to look after a child/children and now wants to re-built confidence by working for a thoughtful supportive employer.
Reports to and supported by:
To promote and secure sponsorship of the annual Women’s Sat Nav to Success Survey.
Your role is to identify a portfolio of candidate organisations which are likely to be suitable to approach as sponsors of the survey. You will need to review the existing sponsor package and develop its proposition to maximise its appeal and potential to meet an agreed sponsorship target. You will need to promote awareness of the sponsorship opportunity and it’s benefits to establish and develop relationships with target sponsors to build a pipeline of prospects and to convert to engaged sponsors (with support from the founder). This role will then manage and nurture sponsor relationships to ensure that expectations of the relationship are met, and ideally exceeded
Main responsibilities / accountabilities
- Work with the Founder to develop an appealing and commercially success sponsorship proposition / model
- Develop clear and compelling sponsorship communication materials
- Secure survey sponsorship, achieving an agree achievable and stretching target
- Ensure that the sponsor relationships are developed and delivered to meet expectations.
- Identify opportunities for delivering Women’s Sat Nav to Success development programmes (workshops, coaching and mentoring, strategic development programmes, speaking events)
- Work with external PR support, when applicable, to maximise awareness of the survey and it’s sponsors
- Ensure that key data are recorded and tracked in line with GDPR.
- Maintain the integrity and reputation of The Women’s Sat Nav to Success
- Contribute to and support work across the business as appropriate
Person specification experience
- A demonstrable record of success in new business development and/or in sponsorship roles.
- Demonstrable experience of maximising opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings and securing income.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure all outputs are of the highest quality
- Some knowledge of UK policies and progress in gender diversity
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including tact and assertiveness, and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Motivated by the opportunity to improve women’s career success, recognition and rewards
- Ability co-ordinate the activities of contributors internally and externally.
- Able to tackle challenges constructively and find creative ways forward.
Term time and flexible working package
The salary is based on a fulltime salary equivalent of £30,000.
The position starts at 20 hours per week which can be worked flexibly around school or nursery hours (with the possibility of extra hours) and can be offered on a term-time only basis.
Location is also flexible. A suitable candidate can work from home however they will need to be able to attend the Bournemouth office on a weekly basis