Web Front End Developer - Flexible Working Available
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
The Digital Services team; CRM, SharePoint and enterprise analytics digital platforms, is an agile practice in the bank that focuses on the internal and external digital touchpoints with our customers and internal users. The Digital Workspace project is a green-field initiative that will deliver a connected and engaging digital eco-system that delivers a great user experience for users.
As an exceptional, passionate and experienced Web developer with outstanding UX skills, you will have subject matter expertise of usability and digital experiences and a track record of developing responsive and intuitive web solutions. You will be a central part of the agile team, applying your impressive skills and experience to translate business needs into engaging and responsive digital solutions.
As a solid Web Front end developer ( Desktop, Mobile), you will be working with key stakeholders to understand requirements based on both technical and UI/UX needs, evaluate technical feasibility of all UI/UX designs and ensure solutions meet business objectives.
*The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
- Must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent qualification
- Must have a minimum of 2 A ‘Levels grade A-D or equivalent qualification
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent as a minimum
- Business Analysis Certification desirable
Background and experience necessary:
Ideal candidate must have the following demonstrable skills:
- Demonstrable Experience and knowledge of working in truly agile teams
- A good understanding of SCRUM
- Understanding of data models and data relationships
- Experience with user research, user-centred design, prototyping, and other usability techniques preferred
- Experience of Front-end development and implementation of new user-facing features
- Steer requirements and oversee development of all aspects of web front end development, including technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Experience of applying best practices for optimal performance
- Proven experience in translating design artefacts for optimal User experience
- Proficient knowledge of the following concepts and frameworks:
- RESTful services and APIs
- Front end frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Responsive and cross browser development.
- Form Creation
- Passionate about the user and able to champion user-focused design and development
- Articulate and charismatic, able to explain concepts to a technical or non-technical audience
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Creative in recommending solutions to business problems
- Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and self-organisation
- Ability to plan, schedule and manage a demanding workload
- Digital experience and a passion for Digital technology and techniques
- Proactive self-development ethos, keeping up to date on latest digital technologies and methodologies
- Able to establish credibility with stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Keen problem-solving skills
- Ability to remain flexible and pitch in when it’s all hands-on deck
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing and proposed design against UX best practice and engage with key stakeholders to map best user experience.
- Translate requirements into working solutions (development, unit testing, debugging, implementation)
- Manage work in GIT and Version control systems as required.
- Actively participate in SCRUM ceremonies.
- Provide Accurate task estimation.
- Develop and implement new user-facing features.
- Steer requirements and oversee web front-end development of all aspects of UX, including ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Translate front-end user interfaces (UI) artefacts into working solution.
- Employ best practices for optimal performance.
- Develop and implement prototypes and final iterations.