Data and Analytics Developer - Flexible Working Available
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
The Enterprise Analytics team is one of the key reporting functions within C. Hoare & Co. The team consist of two loosely defined work streams.
- Regulatory reporting, which is reporting provided to the external regulators through a vendor product
- Internal reporting, which is management information and business information provided for the bank’s internal needs. This is provided through an in-house new build system
The developer will be part of the Enterprise Analytics team, responsible for supporting both our regulatory and internal reporting systems. The role will require them to:
- Provide second line support to our regulatory reporting solution. Provide development to enhance the framework around our regulatory reporting solution
- Work as part of the team to build out our internal reporting system, using SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS
- Potential to work with key business stakeholders across the bank, to understand and deliver business reporting requirements
- Provide ad-hoc data and analytics to our business
*The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
- University Degree or equivalent, ideally in a relevant IT discipline
Background and experience:
- Experience building and supporting data solutions with Microsoft technology
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft stack:
- SQL – Server 2008R2 to 2016 with solid T-SQL
- SSIS – Some exposure preferred
- SSAS – Some exposure preferred
- Demonstrable experience delivering complex solutions through full project lifecycles
- Experience of working within an agile environment
- A team player who wants to collaborate with their peers
- Excellent communication skills with both technical teams and business users
- A pragmatic, organised individual with a delivery focused attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A keen willingness to learn new technologies
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Be a central point of expertise and consultation on technical aspects
- Ensuring development aligns to agreed standards and is of a high quality
- Evaluating and adopting new techniques to advance the platform
- Working with product and operations teams to streamline processes
- Development across each component of the reporting platform
- Aiding planning sessions and prioritisation to facilitate agile delivery of features
- Day to day support of the platform to help diagnose and fix production issues