An opportunity exists for a Commercial Administrator to join our Preston based team supporting our Severn Trent Water contract. As the sole provider for metering and developer services across the Network Amey carry out waste water works including mains renewal and maintenance, sewer upgrades, flood alleviation works and installation and refurbishment of pumping stations.
As Commercial Administrator you will be responsible for supporting the wider Commercial and Billing teams, contributing to the capture of costs and regulatory information. Day to day tasks will include:
- Assist with running daily reports and distributing to the supply chain partners and Amey operation teams.
- Review and audit feedback from onsite crews prior to submission to Client following completion of activities
- Assist with the review of supply chain applications for individual work orders, tracking through from application to approval for payment.
- Support the commercial team in ensuring cost capture processes are complied with.
- Engage with supply chain partners, operation teams and Client to ensure smooth flow of payment applications and regulatory information
- Maintain professional working relationships with all contract stakeholders
This role would suit a proactive individual with an interest in working with data and figures, who cultivates a methodical approach to work. The successful candidate can benefit from the extensive knowledge of the Commercial team, and so should be able to demonstrate an interest in establishing a long term commercial career. A background or qualification in finance, quantity surveying, or commercial would be advantageous, but is not required. Fundamentally you should have strong administrative and numeracy skills, including knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Previous experience using SAP would be very beneficial.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.