Amey are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to support a PFI education contract within Amey’s FM, Defence and Justice business. Based out of Barnsley you will oversee a portfolio of 11 Schools across Barnsley, worth a combined annual turnover of £8million.
Amey acquired the contract for Facilities Management of 11 schools across Barnsley from Carillion in April 2018. We are therefore looking for someone who is both proactive and able to hit the ground running, developing the contract to firmly establish Amey’s position within the education sector.
What will this role involve?
You will support the Business in developing and implementing commercial strategies for successfully winning bids and managing post contract activities; and be an ambassador for Amey and champion commercial best practice.
- Driving consistency of good valuation/commercial processes both pre and post Contract for contracts valued between £5m- £ 20m p.a.
- Lead or provide commercial support to deliver excellent P/L results across a portfolio of Contracts or bids as applicable up to a value of £20 m p.a.
- Develop in conjunction with Group procurement good supply chain strategies for winning bids and delivering contracts up to the value of £20m
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation and management of risk
- Negotiate with key customer interfaces including SPV and Local Authority
- Delivering robust commercial solutions in all our bids
- Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows in this part of the business
- Adherence to company policies and processes
- Communicate with clients and internally to promote the Amey brand and influence an end result
- Retain a good working relationship with Account teams
- Manage upwards to Account or Business Director and functionally report to Commercial Director
- Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
- Support mobilisation of key contracts commercially with robust processes
- Work with key supply chain companies
- Build excellent relationships with Head of Commercial and Commercial Director
To be successful in this role you should have a strong background within Commercial Management, ideally within the Construction or Facilities Management sectors. A relevant degree, equivalent qualification or membership of a Commercial body would be extremely beneficial. Fundamentally you should have the ability to implement efficient commercial processes and ensure value for money across the contracts. The large scope of the contracts will necessitate travel across Yorkshire you will need to be comfortable travelling as required. Due to the school environment of this role a full background check will be carried out if successful.
Key attributes will include:
- Commercial Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Experience of delivering commercial solutions on support services contracts valued up to £20m p.a
- Strong commercial acumen
- Detailed understanding of PFI contract conditions
- Ability to lead, manage, develop and recruit staff
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Legal understanding relevant to PFI contracts and knowledge of KPI's
- Experience of managing commercial solutions on bids in excess of £20m
- Track record of winning work and/or delivering excellent profit and loss
- Strong negotiator who achieves their objectives
- Engages with the Amey values
- Agile and focussed commercial operator
- Environmental awareness for managers
- IOSH managing safely
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.