Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Employee Relations) - Flexible Working Available
About Network Rail and the Department:
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen
Lead and manage a team of employee relations professionals to deliver effective, professional employee relations support to line managers for all employee relations cases in addition to providing targeted line manager development.
About the role:
1. Act as an integral member of the business leadership team, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders. Coach, advise and challenging thinking in addition to co-development, design and execution of integrated medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
2. Influence the centres of expertise development of strategy and policy through sharing business/functional requirements and inputting into development and execution planning.
3. Work in collaboration with; Centres of Expertise, HR Shared Services, HR Direct and HR Business Partner teams to proactively identify and influence changes that improve HR service.
4. Lead and manage a geographically based team of employee relations professionals, to deliver effective line manager support for escalated, complex Employee Relations cases in an effective and timely manner.
5. Act as a point of escalation and advice for Network Rail Employee Relations Advisers.
6. Management of the teams delivery of targeted line manager development relating to Employee Relations policies and procedures, working in partnership with the HR Leadership team and Business Partner teams.
7. Responsible for continuous improvement across all aspects of the Employee Relations team, monitoring efficiency and effectiveness of the service provided and maintaining the HR Adviser team’s technical and organisational knowledge to deliver appropriate provision of high quality advice and support to line managers.
8. Work to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business area, including HR Business Partner teams, centres of expertise and business leadership.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Employee Relations and Employment Law.
- Experience of ER Case management and working in partnership with senior business leaders and stakeholders within the HR function.
- Experience of leading and managing a geographically dispersed team within a complex organisation context.
- Demonstrates strong commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Passionate about customer service with ability to articulate previous achievements through business deliverables.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders along with excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organisation.
- Proven track record of operating in a complex working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Graduate calibre
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge - CIPD qualified or relevant experience to demonstrate level of competence.
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.