Individual Giving Assistant - Part Time
About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to join our team as an Individual Giving Assistant at our Head Office in King's Cross, London. This is a part time, job share role working 22.5 hours per week (3 days) on a fixed term contract until June 2019.
Your work will help us with the day-to-day support and administration involved in the running of direct marketing campaigns, including the development and reporting of fundraising appeals, supporter newsletters and feedback communications as well as one-off analysis projects. You will use direct mail, DRTV, PSMS, web and email to acquire new supporters, and develop existing supporter relationships.
Reporting to the Supporter Retention and Development Manager, your role will involve the following duties:
- To organise Individual Giving monthly team meetings – agreeing the agenda with the Deputy Director of Supporter Engagement, circulating the agenda, room booking and taking minutes.
- To support the Individual Giving team on all aspects of direct marketing projects including acquisition, retention and development, invoice processing and results reporting.
- To compile regular appeal results from the Sense database (Raiser’s Edge) and Response Handling Agency reports.
- Support the Individual Giving team in the reconciliation of financial information including supplier reports, transaction statements and monthly management accounts.
- To liaise with external agencies to ensure they have sufficient materials to carry out their fundraising on behalf of Sense.
- Manage ad-hoc enquiries relating to the administration of the legacy programme - liaising with the Legacy Manager, in-house teams and external consultants.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar fundraising role within a charity or not-for-profit organisation, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and conscientious approach to your work and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
You will have strong numeracy and computer literacy including experience of the full Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other relational databases is essential.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world.
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Marie Hunt, Supporter Retention and Development Manager via email@example.com