Sales Team Support – Writing Specialist: Flexible working, part-time.
Join team Ginger!
Become a critical part of a growing, flexible-working team who deliver world class public speaking training.
We’re looking for a talented and sales-orientated writer and administrator who can support our sales team and bring the vibrant world of Ginger Public Speaking alive to our clients.
Working an average of 2.5 days per week in a flexible working arrangement, you’ll be supporting our highly committed sales team who work daily to make positive change happen in the corporate world. Your work will help create opportunities for thousands of professionals to receive training in public speaking, women’s leadership communications, TED style speaking and similar programmes.
Your contribution is to maximise the amount of time other members of the sales team have on the phone speaking to clients. Activities will include:
- You’ll be passed the ‘baton’ of client requirements and will be responsible for translating them into gorgeous, compelling proposals.
- Costing up and preparing quotes for training projects.
- Working together with our MD or Head of Client Solutions to create bespoke proposals for major projects.
- Email and support activities that help to translate client requirements into sales.
- Tracking client information in our database.
- Enhancing the look and content of our sales collateral and other elements of our written work, e.g. sales orientated website copy.
- Developing and improving sales team processes as we grow.
- Attending occasional client meetings in London, although most of our client conversations happen over the phone.
- Jumping in on any other activities that help us maximise sales.
It will be important for you to be able to respond quickly and in a way that balances business needs with the Ginger character. But you can fit your work for Ginger around other work or responsibilities you may have.
In time, there are opportunities to grow into a full-time position, and/or to become a commission earning member of the sales team.
Our dream bod for this position is:
- An enthusiastic and well organised administrator who gets a kick out of making sure all the ducks are in a row
- A super slick, business orientated copyrighter
- A potential sales person in the making - not the icky kind, but someone who thrives on building strong relationships and contributing to closing business.
- Tech savvy – e.g. with formatting docs, basic design, CRM systems, etc
- The details, diligent type, who can spot a typo, without getting caught up in pedantry
- Project management savvy – the ability to structure your time in an organised way and work with others in the team to give brilliant client outcomes.
- A strong cultural fit with Ginger – we’re all people who see the best in each other and are willing to work damn hard to serve a client.
- Pumped to work with Ginger - you’re interested in and thrive upon the culture of the work that we do. You want to participate and learn about our programmes and team.
- Someone who just ‘gets it’ – able to make executive decisions / able to work autonomously / proactively once you’re up to speed.
- Comfortable on the phone – you’re a warm person with good communication skills.
- Has a critical eye on improving business processes. We’re still growing our processes and you’ll be part of establishing new protocol.
A few words about the team culture you’ll be joining:
- We’re positive, passionate idealists who want to make the world a better place and believe in the power of business to do that.
- We love what we do and get a kick out of seeing people grow.
- Whilst we largely work virtually, regular contact (e.g. virtual and physical meetings) are important to keep our relationships fresh.
- We love celebrate each other’s successes, or support each other when facing difficulties.
- All of our team have been through at least our basic public speaking trainings – and we will sponsor you to do the same. It’s essential to feel the ‘Ginger Magic’ to be able to help conjuring more of it.
We’re offering a rate of £25/hr for this role, depending on experience.
At present we see this as a freelancer’s position. Depending on your growth and interests, there may be the potential to develop into a commission-earning role.
We’re looking for someone who can work an average of 2.5 days / week, whilst being responsive to urgent client needs. The role will largely fit around other work / family commitments.
Applicants should be available to start in February/ March 2019
Depending on business growth, we anticipate that there will be the opportunity to take on more hours over time.
Please send us:
- Your CV
- Two references that we would be able to contact if you reach the shortlist phase.
- A cover letter that shows us your personality (nothing too stuffy or formal please!) and tells us:
- Why do you feel you’ll be a good fit for Ginger?
- What value will you add to the Ginger team?
- 2 x case studies of work you’ve done in the past that’s similar to this job, including what the assignment was and the value you personally added.
- An example of commercially orientated writing you have produced.
Please apply by 25th January and NB we will already start shortlisting candidates from 18th January