Support Worker - Camberley & Farnham - Flexible Working Available
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We’ll ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it’s never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers at our services in Camberley & Farnham. We have various contracts available and welcome applicants that are looking for part-time or full-time opportunities.
All shifts will be on rota basis with shifts spread across weekdays, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons and evenings which may include sleeping in (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements). Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
You will providing support through a number of different ways, be it through supporting them in daily life with things like finances, healthcare, cooking tasty meals or with more general support such as going to new places and meeting new people. Aside from day to day support, you will also need to support these individuals with their hobbies. This may include supporting D.F with learning about history, supporting three of the people we support to watch Liverpool and Chelsea and supporting S.B onto trips to Hayling island – could you be the one to give the 2p machine a friendly nudge?
For further details of this role please click on the ‘additional information’ attachments at the bottom of this advertisement – from here you will be able to read all of the one page profiles of the people you will be supporting, offering you a real insight to the people within the service..
We are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference and enable the people we support to enjoy the things they want to do. To be a support worker, all you’ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Job ID: 14584, Camberley and Farnham, Support Worker
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 20 days’ holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays), increasing to 27 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program