Manager Assurance External Audit Hub Birmingham - Flexible
About the team
Be part of a new and highly innovative approach to delivering external audit work for our clients.
The team are known within PwC as Fulcrum. We’re a close-knit community of staff, of all grade levels, working on prestigious London audit engagements within Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset and Wealth Management and London Top Tier. Fulcrum staff are integral members of the client-facing teams, physically located in our Birmingham office.
The team use cutting edge technology we’ve developed to support our ability to stay connected with our clients, and wider PwC colleagues, wherever we are. Our new way of working breaks the assumption that all members of audit need to be based in the same place and in close proximity to our clients.
With us you'll:
- Be at the forefront of the future vision and delivery of assurance services.
- Be part of a growing team of highly skilled auditors working on London audit engagements based in a modern central office in Birmingham.
- Enjoy the experience and opportunities that come with working on high profile London clients, but with the flexibility that comes with a regional office, with only occasional travel expected.
- The Fulcrum team is a key part of our Future of Assurance programme and of great strategic importance to the firm. It provides the unique opportunity to work on high profile London clients and the flexibility that comes with a regional office. You'll utilise cutting edge technology so you stay connected with the client and London team.
You'll gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work. In addition you'll also be involved with training, managing, coaching and appraising staff. As this team is developing a new way of working, you'll be in a position to shape the working practices of the future. As a result, you'll need to be able to think independently and confidently about sharing your point of view and be innovative in the way you communicate.
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you'll be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partners, Directors and Senior Managers and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- We're able to offer some flexibility in the role around those of the other managers on the team and can ensure that it's suitable to your particular strengths.
- As a Manager you'll be required to Be ACA, ACCA, or similarly qualified
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You'll have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102 and international standards on auditing would be required.
- We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfill the role
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity