Seasonal Sales Assistant – Retail & Admissions
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
Our terrific Tigers, merry Meerkats and gorgeous Gorillas are just a few of the amazing animals who enthral our visitors of all ages. We want you to work hard at having fun making special memories for our visitors whilst helping us raise funds for our vital conservation work all over the world.
We are looking to build our Retail & Admission team for our best ever year at ZSL London Zoo. Whether you are one of our front line stars on Admissions, or based in our incredible gift shops, your interaction with our customers must have that extra factor that will make their day. As a result, we need confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors across our shops and ticket entrances.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Maintaining
- a high level of customer service, dealing efficiently and courteously with any questions or requested information.
- Ensure that all shops areas are fully operational and that any issues are raised with the Retail management team.
- Maximise revenue for the charity by proactively upselling to our visitors and maintaining good stock levels in all outlets through regular stock replenishment.
- Ensure that all business systems and operational procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain good up to date knowledge of all retail promotions and zoo activities actively promoting and looking for opportunities to up sell the same.
- Takes care in the security and accuracy of all areas of cash handling.
- Uses initiative to suggest ways to promote our brand values and conservation messages.
- Follows security procedures to ensure the protection of staff, visitors and ZSL’s assets.
- Be approachable and courteous to all visitors and team members at all times.
Although experience matters to us we are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, candidate will ideally:
- A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Previous customer service skills.
- Be self-driven and passionate about selling.
- An understanding of appropriate cash-handling procedures.
- Have experience working in a fast paced environment. Be a strong team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening/weekend and bank holiday shifts.
- An interest in animal conservation is desirable.
Please note, we are looking for new staff to start in February who can work both Saturday and Sunday as weekends are our busiest time so please only apply if you are able to work on the weekend.