Investment Strategist - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
Applications from job shares and part time workers welcome.
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, we guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
We welcome applicants such as Return to Work Mothers also.
The expert in-house investment team at NEST has developed a best-in-class, award winning investment strategy that is designed for everyone, particularly the new generation of savers who’ll be joining workplace pensions for the first time through auto enrolment.
The investment strategist will play a key role in the investment team. We are looking for someone with the skills and the experience to develop the asset allocation strategy for a range of multi-asset portfolios.
As we are committed to equal opportunities and creating a better work life balance for our staff we have advertised this role as full or part time depending on the successful candidate’s preference.
Experience and technical skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at least some of the following skills and experience:
- Solid understanding of investment theories, financial markets and asset classes
- Expertise in analysis of time series data in Excel or other statistical software, strong writing skills and demonstrated attention to detail and rigour in the research process
- Proven capability to communicate clearly both in written form and verbally
- Experience in Financial Services
Personal attributes desired
Someone with the following personal attributes is desired:
- An individual that combines strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences, including investment committee members and fund managers
- An ability to manage time effectively and manage workload to meet required deadlines
- An ability to take direction but also work unsupervised once given a brief
- An ability to gain trust and credibility with stakeholders at all levels, including those not from a financial services background
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- Educated to a degree level or similar
- This is an exciting time to join the investment team as our assets are increasing exponentially. This will lead to opportunities for progression and to make a difference within the team whilst influencing a sophisticated investment proposition.
- This is a new role, which means an enthusiastic self-starter can take on more responsibility and shape the role to a large degree.
- The role involves meeting a number of senior people in the asset management and pension industry and requires the ability to interact with confidence and authority. We are looking for someone who is able to work well with people at all levels both internally and externally.
Closing date for applications : Tuesday 29th January