What is the purpose of this role?
Consulting at Amey offers a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. We are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK. Amey has secured a considerable volume of new Water and Waste Water Infrastructure work through our Design and Build Framework for AMP6 with Severn Trent Water. We are recruiting to bolster the existing team.
To take a lead using SynerGEE hydraulic models to produce contingency plans and outline design works. To be a member of the team delivering detailed design of hydraulic networks.
What will this role involve?
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
What are we looking for?
- Hydraulic Modeller with experience of building / operating models
- Computer literate and conversant with SynerGEE, AuteCAD, MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Demonstrable experience in the water sector
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines
What makes this role unique?
You will implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.