What is the purpose of this role?
To own and complete the design element of a crica 30km package of mains renewal work, all to be built by Amey before March 2020. Provide technical support to the team of Project Managers, Engineers and Designers.
The existing design team is built up of reactive, proactive individuals who are aligned with the Amey delivery teams to ‘go the extra mile’ and achieve the most efficient possible designs to meet the client targets.
What will this role involve?
- Delivering clean water infrastructure projects within a framework contract
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required
- Progress projects from feasibility stage through detailed design to construction
- Liaise and maintain good working relationships with client’s, operational staff and third parties
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision
What are we looking for?
- An experienced potable water engineer, preferably with experience of hydraulic modelling using Syerngi
- Conscientious and dedicated to making a success of the business
- Able to interface with clients and present a professional image of Amey
- High level of interpersonal and team working skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD. Synergi would be an advantage but not essential
What makes this role unique?
- Working directly with clients and the Amey delivery team
- Ability to see your design being built and commissioned
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.