Internal Auditor - Part Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a part-time Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit team in Spinningfields, Manchester. It’s an exciting time to join Brown Shipley as this year we are working towards developing technology and streamlining the way we do things to make us excellent at what we do.
Please ensure you read the details of what we need from you when you submit your CV.
The role is part-time and we are flexible to the days and hours that can be worked, as long
as they are within our core business hours: Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. The hours would need to be agreed at the offer stage
Important. How to apply:
If you think this is the right role for you, then please send your CV and on a covering note confirm your:
- Current salary
- Salary expectations
- Notice period
- Hours and days per week that you would prefer to work
We will be in touch within 5 working days of receiving your application.
This position is for an Internal Auditor, working alongside 3 other Auditors and the Head of Audit supporting six offices across the UK. Some of the main activities will be:
- To carry out audit assignments in accordance with methodology to agreed quality, professional and ethical standards. Report findings and work with management to develop solutions to address weaknesses. Make sound recommendations to enhance controls and risk management.
- Follow up findings and agreed actions and encourage their prompt implementation. Maintain records of progress and assist management in the production of MI.
- Involvement in transformation and change projects that require an Audit perspective. If necessary represent Internal Audit in various formal and informal forums as required, providing appropriate information on audit activity.
- To develop own professional expertise through on the job training, formal training and, where appropriate, professional qualifications.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders, promoting a culture of control awareness and continual improvement.
- Ideally be degree/ACA, IIA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualified
- Have extensive audit experience (internal audit/financial services not essential but preferred)
- Be a professional self starter that has good interpersonal skills
- Be willing to travel (up to 15%) to our other offices, predominantly London
- Hold good communication skills with the ability to clearly present reports and information to small groups of managers/senior stakeholders
What we can offer you:
- 27 days holiday plus option to purchase additional 5 days (all pro rata)
- 4x base salary life assurance
- Discretionary bonus
- Training towards relevant professional qualifications
- 5% employer contribution pension scheme (with option to match a further 5%)
- 1 day p/a volunteering day
- After probation:
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Healthcare cashplan
- We also have a flexible benefits package where you can purchase benefits such as season ticket loans, cycle to work and critical illness cover.