Lead School Caretaker
Amey partners with Northampton Council to provide facilities management services for more than 40 schools in Northampton. Amey are looking for motivated Lead Caretaker to join our team to provide excellent service. Your based location will be at Kingsthorpe College, Northampton
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy developing and training staff, have a flexible and approachable at work then please send your application below.
What will you be doing?
- Daily upkeep of the premises, opening and locking up school gates
- Variety of minor DIY, ground maintenance, internal fixtures and decorating, fittings and furniture
- Make sure that sites are kept clean, tidy, safe and running smoothly
- Always keeping in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations and Amey Zero Harm policy
- Ensure faults are rectified in a timely and safe manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with all the Authority departments
- Maintain accurate site contract administration files
- Take ownership of projects and provide support as and when required
- Supervise, direct and develop Assistant Janitor/Caretakers
- Work closely with site Operations Manager on reporting for your premises
What are we looking for?
- City & Guilds, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in joinery or related field
- Background in Carpenter/Caretaker/General Maintenance/Multi Trades are encouraged to apply
- Experience in working within schools, colleges or hospitality environment are desirable
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Good awareness and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessment
You will be a part of the Amey family, creating better places to live, work and travel. In addition, we will support you in developing your career. In return for your commitment, you be eligible to receive exceptional benefits packages such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- Paid holiday with the option to buy additional holiday
- Child Care Vouchers
- Discounts at high street stores and more!
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme