What is the purpose of this role?
The Amey Water North (Scotland) Consultancy Design team is recruiting for Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Technician with an interest in Water/Wastewater Engineering to work in our dedicated Design and Build teams currently delivering an expanding workload for our Scottish clients, including our key client Scottish Water. You will be involved in existing frameworks which will provide the opportunity to get involved in design aspects through the project lifecycle, i.e. from feasibility design through detailed design to construction. The positions will be based in our Eurocentral (Motherwell) office, primarily working on the Scottish Water D&B Managed Delivery Framework but also providing support to the aBV (Scottish Water) joint venture between Amey and Black and Veatch formed to delivery Scottish Water’s Wastewater Infrastructure Programme.
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team we have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential, and in supporting them via approved training agreements to reach technician, Incorporated Engineer and Chartered Engineer status, and beyond. This culture has been recognised by the award of Investors in People Gold Status in 2012 and Champion Status in 2013.
You will be working with our own in-house construction team for water projects at all stages from feasibility and optioneering, through to detailed design and construction support
What will this role involve?
- Support the design team in developing designs in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Undertaking tasks assigned by the M&E team to support design delivery in the developing of engineering solutions.
- Supporting the M&E team in the production of calculations, drawings, design packages.
- Production of AutoCAD M&E drawings in accordance with the companies CAD procedure
What are we looking for?
- Achieved or working towards, HNC/HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
- Appreciation of water and wastewater processes and plant including control automation.
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills and to produce reports in clear concise English
- AutoCAD and associated third party packages
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.