Office & Facilities Manager
At iwoca, we’re here to expand possibilities for small businesses by making financing fair and flexible. We blend the best of humans and technology to deliver a service that customers love.
Since 2012, we've lent over £600 million to over 22,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As iwoca’s Office Manager, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving our amazing office environment. You’ll identify ways to make our space even more conducive to working efficiently and you’ll help us build a really strong community across teams.
Whether it’s liaising with our landlord, ensuring the coffee machine is always full of beans, getting the pool table re-felted, managing cleaning contracts, handling visitors and deliveries on reception, or working with professional designers to ensure that the office design truly represents us, you'll play a massively important role in maintaining a really wonderful office environment.
You’ll also help people to get to know each other and build a wonderful community in the office. You’ll know everyone’s name (all 240 of us!) and you’ll be helping to organise company-wide events such as the summer sports days and Christmas party.
Every day at the office is different. Here is a list of just some of the things you’ll do:-
- Manage all office operations and communicate any changes to the wider company
- Liaise and negotiate with contractors and suppliers to ensure we get the best service and deals
- Manage building and office maintenance including liaising with the landlord and facilities maintenance team
- Support the Exec Team with booking travel and handling of expenses
- Manage the office budget and put together a monthly expenditure report
- Ordering the weekly shopping and managing catering for external and internal events. Ensure that we never run out of coffee beans (very, very important!), beer, and other essentials.
- Become a valuable part of the People Ops Team and work with them to implement projects, maintain office policies and ensure a smooth onboarding process for new-starters
- Proactively gather ideas and recommendations to continuously improve our office environment
- Help to foster an environment of collaboration across teams by organising company-wide events (e.g. iwoca’s Christmas party, Summer sports’ day, charity bake-offs..) as well as helping iwoca’s various clubs to arrange events.
- Be a go-to person for iwocans and external services, including mailing, cleaning, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
Through all of these responsibilities, you’ll make a real difference to the happiness of an exceptionally hard-working and fun team.
We’re looking for candidates with-
- Previous experience as an Office Admin/ Manager working in a similarly fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills with experience managing supplier and vendor relationships
- A strong desire to help people, you’ll be someone who gets a lot of satisfaction from helping others
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail and numerical skills
- Creativity, you’ll bring some fresh ideas for how to make the office environment / events / etc even better than they already are
- Great stakeholder management - able to quickly build trust with people from across the business
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to research, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance